Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slowing down...

~*~
Slowing down now...
Did I mention I've been busy this summer? I was working on my photos to post here (I promise they are coming!) and saw this one from a couple of weeks ago and it brought me right back to the moment of....
Peaceful... Quiet... Recharge... my favorite indulgence...
Tea Time and a movie!

Light a candle... now choose a tea flavor...



1/2 lump for me...
Did you know that the phrase "1 lump" means 2 sugar cubes...
a few Gingersnap cookies...
(I know the kids will sniff out my cookies so I plate some extra!)

and now the movie... a little Christopher Reeve.... sigh....


Hope your having a great week!

~*~

12 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Tea Time With Melody August 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

How come I didn't hear about this tea?!!! I could use a cup of tea. A cup of tea would be nice right now. lololol Anyway, what's the word on watching "Lost in Austin"?

steviewren August 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Did you say gingersnaps? Mmmmmm, my favorite!

Mumzie August 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

So nice and comfortable and such a lovely tea set. Enjoy and relax you deserve it! I love a good cup of tea. Hugs, Mumzie ;)

jax August 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

I agree with mom, Lost in Austen was a very good movie! I think you'd really like it!

Kat Mortensen August 13, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

I love your tea caddy AND the box of teas - what a selection. Do you have any Irish Breakfast tea?

Kat

ChaChaneen August 13, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Thanks for visiting my sweet friend! As a matter of fact, I do have Irish Breakfast Tea! My sister Melody gave it to me when she had a themed tea in March for St. Patricks Day, I really like it cold. ha ha I usually make a pot of hot in the morning and then later in the day when I return home, it's cooled off by then so I make Iced Tea out of it and it's good!

I lurve the tea caddy too! My wonderful Mother-in-Law gave it to me about 6 months ago and I put it to use all the time, it's lovely and a great center piece for parties in the house. I can wheel it around.... fun!

Blessings,
Janeen

alittlebitofscrap August 13, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Those are the cutest sugar lumps! Wherever did you find them?

ChaChaneen August 13, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

They were a hostess gift I received back in February from a tea party I had. My friend Jenifer made them for me. Aren't they the cutest! I told her she could always give me these for any reason.... My birthday or whatever day... Ha ha. She said she used her cake decorating supplies to make them.

alittlebitofscrap August 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I would love to see a tutorial! Does she have a blog? Maybe we could encourage her to show us how she did them. They are just too cute! and would make adorable gifts!! :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? August 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Now that is the way to enjoy some "me" time! Is there room for one more?! And Christopher Reeve -- I'm sighing with you. Esp. when it's "Somewhere in Time!" And the tea and biscuits taste oh so delicious served with your elegant touch! I can stay forever! :))

Kat Mortensen August 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Janeen, send me your address (e-mail poetikat46@yahoo.ca)I have something I want to send you.

Kat

Betsy Brock August 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

OK...put the kettle back on...I'm just now here and want to join in! Black tea, 1/2 lump....3 gingersnaps...and 1 Christopher Reeve, please! :)