Monday, July 20, 2009

Priceless memories...

~*~

Kids: Mom, what are we going to do today?
Me: How about going fishing?
Kids: YESSSSSSSSS!!!

Me: And I can read a book... YESSSSSSSSSS!

 
My Girl writing in her journal while she waits for bite on her line...

 
My Boy... "Mom, whatcha doing?"
Me: "Reading... what are you doing?"
"Fishing... Mom, have you taken any pictures yet?"
Me: "Yep, just a couple"
My Boy: "Can I take some?"
Me: "Sure!"


Since I'm the Queen of self-portraits, my Boy took a turn at it....
Hmmm, we'll have to work on that.


My Boy: "Mom, let's do a goofy picture."
Me: "Naturally!"


My Boy: "Mom, I love you.... smoooch!"
Me: "I love you too Son!"Memories Are Priceless!
~*~

10 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

nanatrish July 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

First off, thanks for your sweet welcome back. It seems like you are always having such sweet family times. Your kids are adorable. Is the book good? Come on down to Atlanta and we'll go get a treat.

Miss Jean July 20, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Well, Howdy Doody back at ya! I'm glad we're blogging again!!! You are going to have so much fun in Monterey! At the Dennis the Menace park you can rent the peddle boats and cruise their little lake. Across the street from the children's museum is an awesome bakery, The Paris Bakery and if you like ribs you must, repeat must go to Willies in Cannery Row next to the Imax theater. Best Mac and Cheese and brisket. I'm drooling just thinking of it. I'm going to be doing another blog on our trip focusing on the food. Carmel is more for adults and Monterey is more for families and Pacific Grove is more for us ladies! I even have the perfect motel picked out for our trip next time. Like I may have mentioned, I have to start buying lottery tickets as I so want to move there.

By the way, I have to check out that scotty tea set. Thanks.

xo

alittlebitofscrap July 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Oh cute! Love the self photo, adorable.

Sparky July 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Oh, I love the goofy picture!! That is adorable. Looks like the fishing was fun. Hope y'all caught a 'mess' of fish (that's a lot, by the way ... tee hee). :o)

Miss Jean July 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Maggie had a little sister that came for a few days. She had "issues" from neglect from her previous owners. She didn't get along with Maggie and would have taken more work than I can give a dog. My first responsibility is to keep Maggie happy so we returned her. She has a new home and as far as I have heard, is happy. Right now I'm happy with just Maggie. She's enough to keep me wayyyyyyyyy busy!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? July 22, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

hahaha, Janeen! Hilarious and priceless! :))

Lavinia July 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

Ahhhh, fishing, reading....that is what perfect summer days are for. I loved the movie Persuasion!

steviewren July 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

Your pictures of the kids lakeside reminded me of a camping trip with 3 of my 4 years ago. We had gone down to the campgrounds mid-week, hubby and my other son followed on the weekend. The kids and I had the best time together. We played poker with M&Ms, went for bike rides, took in a movie at the tiny theater in town (25 seats, no kidding), swam, used the aluminum fishing boat as a platform to dive from and lost the trolling motor because of that. It's a good memory! These types of days are important in the life of a family! Enjoy!

Betsy Brock July 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

Oh, this is cute! My oldest won't smooch on me like that anymore..sigh!
Enjoy it while you can!

Kat Mortensen July 30, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I've done that bait thing and I'm glad your man does it for you (do you use worms)?
I love the goofy shot! What sweet kids.

Kat