Monday, February 18, 2008

A shawl perhaps?


Progress of the Toilet, The Stay; created in 1810 by James Gillray, that depict a young lady being dressed by her maid.


The more I watch regency era movies, the more I am attracted to the shawl wraps that the women wear. They are so feminine and pretty but I realized they can also serve the same purpose as my blanket that I curl up into too. I'd love to find a shawl/wrap that I could use and wear daily... hmmm will have to keep my eye keen to that.
I've also noticed in these movies that everyone has such good posture. I just made the comment this week at work that my back was aching because of my poor posture of sitting at my desk all day. Of course the women wore corsets but the men too stood up straight... perhaps it was the way their coats were cut? Hmmm?



Okay if we're going to talk accessories, I would love to have that Red Jezebel Parasol that actress Hayley Atwell as the character Mary Crawford in the recent 2007 TV adaption of Mansfield Park... gorgeous! Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good picture of it but this is the scene.


1 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

blessings February 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Oh, I'm so into these movies right now! I can't believe I hadn't seen them before but I'm sort of glad. Now I get to endulge!! Blessings... Polly