Thursday, January 28, 2010

Whew, what a week! Recap for week 1 of Breaking Free



~*~


Whew, what a week this has been ~ My Girl is nearly done with her 2 month long nation research notebook and that means I am too! Hence, what she needs researched, I end up doing and condensing it in a format for her to study and put in her project. (My kids don't have open access to our computer) Why do they give projects like this to a 10 year old? I never studied like that when I was her age. The flip side... if she was in public school, she probably wouldn't learn about it until she was 17 ~ too late to be interested in world history. I wonder if homeschool children have similar curriculum? Hmmm, moving on...


~ Crazy busy at work! Every December I take my longest vacation of the year but I dearly pay for it when I return as it really sets the stage for back-log! And it keeps growing! I'm NOT complaining as I wouldn't trade my holiday break for nothing but I'm ready to be caught up again. ha ha


For my Breaking Free Ladies & Followers... let's recap our first week!

Yahoo to 39 women coming to class! I'm so proud of you all! No one wants to stay in the pit by themselves, so continue to bring your friends because if they aren't learning what you are learning... the idea of breaking free from the bondage of our stuff... they are likely to tune you out because they may feel judgement coming on. Isn't it true we often band together with our garbage so that they can't judge us because we're doing it together? If ya just cringed at that, please consider joining us!

I am so proud of you all for doing your homework and finishing the first week! For so many years I just read my bible. In fact it was kind of boring how it repeated itself so often. It wasn't until a bible study that I learned to STUDY & ENJOY my bible. HUGE difference! Now I understand WHY different books (Luke, John, Matthew, etc) have similar verses (the repeating) and all the discoveries I continue to learn about, still fall fresh on me. My favorite thing is to flip a page and see where I have penciled in something and I remember exactly when I learned about that!

This week through our homework we learned about four kings and how unbelief, pride, idolatry, prayerlessness and legalism affected their rein.

The biggest impact for me was the day on Pride. The scriptures warn us about the temptation of pride when we meet with success. As young girls, we get that first feeling of success when we please our parents, get awards from schools or even when we got attention from a boy. 20 years later, we grow up and as women, we often define our own success through our relationships, our career and by what we own.

I could relate to that because Pride (to me) is when I put myself up on the pedestal (or any high place really) so everyone can see me with my princess crown on. With that attitude though, I'm gonna get knocked right off there AND OFTEN I DO, that's why it's relatable to me. And it isn't that I don't often give God the credit for getting me up there, it's just that I think I can stay up there on my own. Hence why I need my crown knocked off yet again! Can you relate?

Today we start a new week of study. Wow, Beth was on FI-YAH last night in her session! Can you see why this is her life message? I want some of that! I want that passion!

Remember go at your own pace, it's okay to fall behind - JUST DON'T QUIT! I've got to be creative with my study time this week too ~ Baby Shower on Saturday and Tea Par-Tay on Sunday. Let's go!

~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock January 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

Wow...you sound busy! But all with good stuff! Some good thoughts here one pride, too...thanks for sharing on your blog! :)

Kat Mortensen January 29, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Oh yes! Pride is one of the big ones, that's for sure. Funny, the blog world really challenges you on that issue because you are constantly seeking approval and interest and it's easy to become prideful over your creation.

Kat

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? January 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

As busy as you are, you seem light on your feet and heart, Janeen!
:))

Have a wonderful time at the baby shower and tea party!

Rebecca January 29, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Sounds like a fab. turnout and can so relate to the Pride issues..Me, too..my friend...That one is a hard lesson to learn and one I struggle with continously...

So love reading your update:)

Have a lovely weekend!

R. Quilter January 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Sounds like your study is going well!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) February 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Wow, you did have a great turn out.

I'm glad you said that about reading the Bible, and sometimes it can be boring. For me, trying to do it on my own, I often don't really get that much out of it. But when I hear someone (my pastor, for example) take some Scripture and really make it hit home for me...Wow.
This summer, I'm going to invest in Beth's new series.