Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Football and Afternoon Tea


~*~

Recently, it was C-O-L-D and raining outside ...
 

My Girl... So what were WE going to do today Mom?
Me... Well we could watch football with them?
My Girl... Naaah, I'm bored of that.
Me... Hmmm, well it's lunch time, how about we have Mini Afternoon Tea?
My Girl... We're going out to tea?
Me... No, I'm making it.
My Girl... That's better!


I had recently made another turkey dinner, so I used up the last of it for tea sandwiches and they were scrumptious!


My "Cream" is a mixture of heavy cream, Mascarpone cheese, a little sugar and vanilla extract. Mmmm - Delicious!


Cream Scones



Lemon Curd and Strawberry Jam


Me... Well honey, was this better than football?
My Girl... Absolutely better!


~*~
Heard from the Boys watching football... Are there any leftovers?

~*~

18 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock January 12, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

I agree....any leftovers? haha

How fun...I wish I had a girl to play teaparty with!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) January 12, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

Love, Love, Love this post.
I found out, much to my surprise that little boys like tea parties, too. (like 7 and under little boys, that is.)
You have such a beautiful family!
~M

Mumzie January 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Everything looks really tasty. I guess guys do like tea parties too. I haven't tried the Trader's Lemon curd, but will for my next tea party. Thanks so much for sharing. Mumzie :)

steviewren January 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Mmmmm, those scones with cream and lemon curd! Heavenly! I bet you and your daughter loved it.

nanatrish January 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

This looks divine. Wow! you had a fabulous looking tea. I will be going to High Tea next week and I am so excited about it. My staff gave it to me for my Christmas gift. I will take pictures and write a post on it. Yours looks delicious! I always feel like you have so much fun. Sorry you are so far away!!!

Sparky January 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Scones and hot tea! YUM! That's heavenly. We've been drinking a lot of hot tea this winter. Brrr! :)

MuseSwings January 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Lovely! Perfect thing to do when there's a game on the TV! Send leftovers please!

Cassandra Frear January 14, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

A special time for both of you!

My boys liked having tea -- they always did. One of them, grown into a man, drinks tea every night with a treat before bed.

Sandra January 15, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

Tea time sounds much better to me than any football game! Our boys are always ready to wipe out the leftovers too, although they would NEVER want to sit down to tea with us!

Angela McRae January 15, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

What a fun time and what yummy treats to share with your lovely daughter! (And your tea strainer is completely gorgeous as well!)

Miss Jean January 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

You are such a great Mom. Your aughter is going to remember these special times with you forever.

Kat Mortensen January 16, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

It might be time for another virtual tea-party, Janeen, don't you think? You should host it, since you are such an afficionada.
We need to watch the calories on that cream, don't we? Hey—a little coffee, and a few sponge fingers and you'd have my favourite dessert: Tiramisu!

Kat Mortensen January 16, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

Forget to say that those are two handsome fellas in the camo!

R. Quilter January 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I think chili, chips and dip go good with football.

Anonymous January 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Teas parties are so fun! Your cup and saucer are beautiful! It sounds like a special time for your girl and you. And the guys look like they're having fun, too : )

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? January 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

A wonderful compromise, Janeen! The men are enjoying their time together while the ladies are enjoying theirs. And do you know how to make your time together special! Always! xo

Claire January 22, 2010 at 2:17 AM  

I'm just catching up on my reading - you have the most lovely tea service, and especially the strainer!

Rebecca January 22, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

Oh..now, there's absolutely no contest in my book. Tea wins out all the time!...I so love the strainer and teacups:)

Have you ever used cream cheese for your mock clotted cream? It's really good, too...Ah..this is making me so hungry...