Friday, January 22, 2010

It's finally here! REVISED & UPDATED

~*~
Please scroll down to see my updated message.
Yeah, it's finally here!

Breaking Free - Updated Edition!
For the past 2 months, I've been preparing to lead my church's Women's Bible Study evening class and all the promotion and research has paid off! Nearly 40 women are coming to the evening class, while another 20 will attend the morning class! Yahoo! Each week I would check the sign up board watching the names being added and my excitement would build! It's been awhile since I've led that large of a group, so I was a little rusty that first night remembering everything to say but after the class was over, I felt a rush of thankfulness that I get to be a part of this. And of course, that the first session is over. ha ha

Thankfully, Beth teaches the material, I just facilitate it for our ladies. It's all on DVD's and then each of the women has her own workbook to write in. It looks like this below. As a whole, it's a couple hundred dollars but when 60 + women sign up, it quickly pays for itself.




If you've ever heard Beth Moore teach, you've probably heard her say that Breaking Free is her life message. And this is the Updated Edition study (10 years later) where Beth returns to the original Baptist church in New Orleans where it was first taped and she also shares letters of testimonies from women who have broken free of strongholds in their lives. And the first session was not a disappointment! My favorite quote from the night.... "What your holding on to isn't worth keeping." Isn't that soooooo relatable? Often we are afraid of what will happen if we let our "thing/issue/sin" go, yet it's the very thing that is holding us back to living in freedom.

So for the next 11 weeks, I'll be posting highlights and different things from this study for the ladies who miss a week so they can catch up with it and me here.

UPDATED MESSAGE FROM JANEEN TO ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS!
To see a free sample video of what this DVD video teaching looks like, click on the link below

http://www.emedialink.com/video/8410/Breaking-Free-Updated-Promo


You can even order a workbook for $14.95 and do it at your own pace,


even download some video sessions for $4.99 each,


or order the AUDIO CD's for $39.95 to listen to all the teachings....


OR simply call around to churches in your area and find out what bible studies the Womens Ministry's are doing, you might be pleasantly surprised to find one right in your own community since this particular study just came out and due to Beth Moore's popularity, her studies are often used.
You DON'T have to watch the DVD's to complete the workbook part but watching them does greatly enhance the experience to hear Beth teach it. Normally when we watch the DVD, there is a small fill-in-the-blank section but again it is not necessary to have.
I would be more than happy to join you on your journey with encouragement and share in discussing it with you. It's like I told the ladies in my class, work at your own pace and it's okay to fall behind in your workbook BUT DON'T QUIT! There's nothing more the Enemy would lurve to see you do and that's quit. And Girlfriend ~ trust me, when your working towards freedom, the Enemy is going to bring it on! Remember anytime your feeling like your doubting yourself in this or ANY BIBLE STUDY, those thoughts and words come from a liar and thief - the Enemy himself ~ so tell him to knock it off! God doesn't talk that way!

TO MY LADIES ~
Lord prepare our hearts for freedom from captivity as we walk through our homework each week through the pages of scripture. Release us from captivity, bind our broken hearts and open our eyes to see that what we are holding on to isn't worth keeping. AMEN!

TO MY BLOGGY FRIENDS ~
Did any of you ever do the original Breaking Free bible study?
~*~

16 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) January 22, 2010 at 6:15 AM  

I didn't even know abotu the Break Free Bible. I have Beth's little daily devotional Breaking Free.
Since I am seeking my own freedom over the bondage of binge eating (can NOT do it on my own) I have a special attraction to anything about "freedom."
I can see you being a teacher...

Kat Mortensen January 22, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

What a fantastic turnout. I often envy your Christian churces for their dedication and interest in the Bible. Sadly, the Catholics don't seem to get as much of a response.

ChaChaneen January 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

Recluse... I would be more than happy to share the Breaking Free bible study with you. It is available online but each session is $4.99 to download and that money adds up after 11 sessions. But you and I could do it together via email method just talking out the discussions questions. Pray about it and let me know. No rush and no pressure to respond, yet this could be the gentle nudge you are wanting since your already doing the daily devotional.

Poetikat, ya know... you can start your own bible study within your church for something like this. My husband grew up in the Catholic church so he can relate to your comment here. In fact, thats why I lurve teacher, Beth Moore's bible studies because all christian faith denominations come together to hear the same message which is Gods word, which is available to everyone, not just the priests.

Rebecca January 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

This sounds like a great study. Beth Moore studies really do unite and embrace all Christians ...Love that about her...

Angela McRae January 22, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Ohhhhh! I took the old version of this course and LOVED it! Soooooo glad to hear you are leading this, and I'm sure you and the ladies who do it together will be thoroughly blessed. I hope my church will offer the new version too! Meanwhile, I'll look forward to your reports!

steviewren January 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I took the original Breaking Free..in fact it was right around the time I got divorced. That Bible Study and the women who attended really ministered to me. I've taken about 5 of Beth's studies I believe. I also love Precept Bible studies. Have you ever done one of those. You learn all the techniques of study that Beth applies.

I know God will bless your ladies in their quest to know Him better. I'm looking forward to hearing how God is working in them.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? January 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Congratulations! What a beautiful endeavor! Until this post, I wasn't aware of Beth Moore and the Breaking Free Bible study. I'm going online now to read more about it! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend, Janeen! :))

KARNA January 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Dontcha just love Beth Moore!!! God has blessed her ministry. She is such a lover of Jesus.
I started a Beth Moore study in my neighborhood a few months ago...Just a couple of us but it is going well now. I could not afford the videos so we just bought the workbooks and process the study that way. This one is on the fruit of the spirit,,,living beyond yourself. It's awesome also!

i'll be reading your blog to see what you are sharing about your study. May God bless what He has brought to you and the women of your church. I know you will do an awesome job!!!!! love you,k

Susan January 23, 2010 at 3:14 AM  

I did: Esther, Patriarchs, and Daniel. great studies ! also
did that Mary vs Martha study
with room full of Marthas!( not a beth moore book)

Nana Trish is Living the Dream January 23, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

This sounds so exciting. I have listened to so many of her studies back and forth to Atlanta. I have not heard the revised version and must get it. I am so proud of you and I know the Lord will bless you tremendously for your faithfulness. You are always so encouraging and I'm sure the ladies are really enjoying it. I just wish I could be there. trish

Sparky January 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

What broke me free from spiritual bondages was learning and living "the grace message" (saved by grace, not by works). This was given to us by our Apostle to the gentiles, Paul. :)

Anonymous January 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I hadn't heard of the "Breaking Free" series...but am interested in looking into it. Thank you for the links. Wow, you had a great turn out!

Kitty January 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

I'd love to know more about the original Breaking Free bible study.

ChaChaneen January 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

Greetings Kitty,

I wasn't able to go to your blog as when I clicked on your name, I received a message that states your profile is private and I wasn't able to email you either as it didn't come through either. So I will answer your question here about the original study.

The original Breaking Free study essentially has the same material as her updated version with the exception that Beth Moore uses letters she has received from women who have shared with her, the life changing results from breaking free of the things in their lives that keep us in bondage of sin and the issues are plenty. The workbook content is revised a little bit as well as Beth made some changes based on new insights she has learned from scripture in the last 10 years that certainly apply to women today. Beth also said she wanted to change it up a bit because the original video just looks a bit out-dated. We laughed when she said that because her hair was BIGGER 10 years ago and a different color and of course the clothes. ha ha Beth always jokes about her hair. She is a girly-girl and is very relatable in that way.

I encourage you to watch the promo video to get a feel for the new look of it.

As with most of her studies, I never study harder but the discoveries I learn from all the reading are priceless! My favorite thing is to look at my bible with all my notes penciled in and I can smile as reflect on remembering exactly how I learned about a certain passage or had a 'light-bulb' moment of - I GET IT! ha ha

Cassandra Frear January 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

I hope you have a rich and wonderful time with your study!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? January 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Beth Moore is extremely passionate!
A wonderful experience for anyone to inspire in that way, Janeen! :))