Friday, September 18, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 9

~*~
What I did this summer - Part 9
A relative of ours has a cabin in South Lake Tahoe, so we made a long weekend out of it and made the long drive up the Sierra Mountains and arrived to THUNDER STORMS! Usually it's Hot August Nights, but not that weekend. Would you look at those clouds...


If you know me, you KNOW that I am a huge coupon user. I had already been collecting coupons for most of our summer activities in addition to our regular everyday used ones locally, so when we needed to get a bite to eat I showed the kids the McDonalds coupon and off we went to see if the storm would pass by. The McDonalds located at the "Y" in the road is a really NICE restaurant with the playground inside the restaurant. From the outside you can see it's not your typical McDonalds. Here is a picture of it when there is snow on the ground....

My boy saved his spending money and made his first purchase at the McDonalds. They were selling the Happy Meal Toy displays as complete sets, this one was $10. My boy asked me if that was a good price to pay and I told him "Oh Yeah Baby, better get it! We'd have to buy about $35 dollars worth of happy meals to get all those!"
SOLD for $10 bucks!

To pass the time, we decided to go fishing. We didn't catch anything worth keeping for dinner, but we did catch a lot of small catfish to make the hours pass by in quiet, peaceful comfort.

Ah the clouds have headed East to Idaho, so it's back to the lake for some fun in the SUN!
Here the kids are adjusting themselves to the C-O-L-D temp of the water. It was seriously cold for the month of August! And if you look carefully, you can see the water line in the distance where you can literally walk out to that darker blue line until it drops off to deaper depths. It was weird walking so far out into the lake and it only being up to waist level.




Then we headed to historic Camp Richardson Corral for some horseback riding! My girl had saved her CHRISTMAS money to do this ride! YES that's right, she didn't spend her gift money for 8 months - I am so proud of her discipline.


The BEST day of her summer vacation!





While we waited for the kids to return from their hour ride, my Man and I found a shady picnic table and rested for awhile. My Man saw this squirrel eating away at this pine cone.


Well we're all tired now, so we headed back to the cabin to turn in for the night and drink hot chocolate and watch cable. ha ha


This was funny... the kids chose a room where there was a HUGE bed with a TV and REMOTE to sleep in. Personally, I think they were scared about being in a strange cabin and didn't want to sleep alone. ha ha It made for great memories though because I'll bring these pictures out again when they are older and arguing with each other to remind them of how much they love and played together and are each other's best friend!


~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Lori September 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

I love vacation getaways. So much fun and so many memories...storm clouds and all! :) Loved all the pictures.

alittlebitofscrap September 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

It all looks like so much fun! Great pictures :)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie September 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

OMG,What a joyous time you all had.I wish I was with you I also use alot of couponds.Hey what the heck,You gotta do what you goa do.LOL...Thank for the wonderful comments.If you look atthe dates on the blog arhives on the left of my post.Click on March 2 you will be able to see my white peacocks.I have more pics further back.Hugs to you all.Your little girl is precious on her horse.XXOO Marie Antionette

steviewren September 20, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Gosh you guys had a great summer. Your girl sounds like mine. Mine has been thrifty all her life. She calls couponing her hobby. But she sure know how to find the bargains.