Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 11

~*~
What I did this summer - Part 11
*
We went to Carmel by the Sea! (See, they think it's the Sea too!) Carmel is located right next to Monterey and we spent the day here swimming and boogie boarding ALL-DAY-LONG!

When we first arrived, the children did what I've taught them to do and that is respect the water. It can be a mighty force and if conditions aren't right, then we don't go in and instead drive to a different location. This particular day the surf was high but the undertow was weak so we put up our umbrella and enjoyed a quick snack.

Here the kids are counting the waves, so they know the rhythm of the water of when the BIG wave comes in. I lurve this picture, it's like my own Kodak moment!




 This lovely photo of me doesn't do my wipe out justice. I was boogie boarding and caught a wave and rode that baby in like I was 16 yrs old again. But seriously, this is a 40 yr old body now and wipe outs give me more wrinkles than I want at this age. ha ha

We had so much fun at the beach that we stayed well past our normal dinner time so when we got back to our place, we took quick showers and drove back to Monterey to grub on a rack of bbq ribs that In the Garden with Miss Jean told me we should do at Willie's Smokehouse & American Grill located in the Canary Row district. Miss Jean, I owe you a pot of tea and a basket of scones because we grubbed like we've never grubbed before. The food was delicious!



 Here is what I got... a stuffed Artichoke filled with a variety of cheeses, breadcrumbs, butter, garlic and seasonings that was a moaner! Every bite pulled off and dipped into a spicy mayo sauce was so, so good!


Here's what it looks like all shared up together! Plenty of food for us.


Okay now its time to put sleepy children and sleepy parents to bed. We are sooooo tired that we shut the dinner hour down. ha ha



~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock September 22, 2009 at 5:53 AM  

Hey...you've still got it! Boogie boarding on the waves...sounds like so much fun!

Wow...that food looks amazing!...really...where's my Cheerios....

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 22, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

I don't see any wrinkles, Janeen!You're timeless! Your vivacious spirit overrides anything!

I thoroughly enjoyed the day! Thank you, Janeen! :))

Nana Trish is Living the Dream September 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

It looks like you guys had a blast. I love the meal you and hubby shared. Your dish looks so good. I had never heard of anything like that. I have a feeling I will be trying a lot of new recipes now that I have to change my diet, per the cardiologist. You look great. I sure don't see wrinkles. You are adorable and fun.

Miss Jean September 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I am so glad that you all had such a great time. Did anyone try the mac and cheese at Willie's? It is THE best!!!!! The staff is exceptional, too. I'll have to try the artichoke next time. I like what you did as far as ordering and sharing. Very wise.

Sparky September 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Those are lovely photos and looks like y'all had tons of fun. I especially like the photo of your children holding hands. That's precious. :)