Saturday, September 26, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 13

~*~
What I did this summer - Part 13

We drove to Central California to spend the day at Mickey's Grove! For this visit within the grove, we went to the small Zoo, Amusement Park and Japanese Garden.



Listening to some tunes during the car ride. Look at those funny faces. ha ha

 At the small zoo they have 2 bald eagles. I haven't been this close to an eagle before and was shocked to learn it is a HUGE bird. It was as tall as my Girl and it's wing span was enormous. I had no idea what large birds they are. They certainly don't look that big when they are above my head in flight but I think I will see them with new eyes now that I have been only a few feet away from one.


 
This little guy was eating some snacks when we visited him. He was beautiful.


I could use this ugly beetle bug right now as my Girl is doing the bug project for school and I am soooo not into this assignment. Yucko! I've already told her if she gets an F on it, I am totally okay with that. ha ha So how big is this beetle? Well those are my fingers next to it to give you an idea.


It was hot this day and most of the animals were low key or sleeping like this fella.


Awww, picture spot to make a memory!


This waterfall was in a bird sanctuary area and I really liked the design of it. Would lurve to see it in my backyard someday. Not likely, but a girl can dream!


Here I am fanning myself to keep cool. I carry that fan with me in my purse and when I bring it out I get a lot of comments on it and it is a great conversation piece to talk about tea party's, the Regency Era, Afternoon Tea, etc.

For a dollar, you can buy some sweet liquid for the birds to come and eat out of your hand....
... and on your head too! ha ha



 
Snack time! Guess what I found.... Pink Popcorn! Yep, gotta have it!


Then we headed over to the amusement park area and we literally had the ENTIRE PARK TO OURSELVES! I tell ya, this has been the summer of NO crowds during our travels.



We had an employee all to ourselves as we walked around the park and chose rides to play on.
Get out of the way, student driver coming through! ha ha




 The Scrambler! Can you do it?



Hands in the air! Ready, set, GO!


Then we walked across the lawn area to the Japanese Garden.

As you enter the gate, you enter serenity. It was so peaceful.




The trees were so HIGH and so old, it was beautiful to see them above us as we walked through the paths.

A stepping stone pathway!


  It was a lovely day here!
~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky September 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

No wonder you didn't blog this summer! Y'all stayed on the run havin' fun (I'm a poet and don't know it -- tee hee).

The 'beetle' appears to be a Madagascar Cockroach. Sure looks like one.

the voice of melody September 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

It looks like so much fun! I can't believe the size of that beetle, you could practically put a leash on it and take it for a walk!

And thanks for your sweet comments this summer. That was so nice of you. {hugs}

R. Quilter September 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Look at those pretty finger nails by that nasty cockroach!

I love the Japanese garden.

How I loved family vacations! Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Isn't it wonderful not to have to deal with crowds or waiting on longs line?! Makes an awesome day twice as so! The fan was the piece de reistance, Janeen! ;)

Hoping you and your family are having a wonderful weekend! :))

KARNA September 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Where was that Janeen? What a great place to have a tea garden a zoo etc all in one place.

I love seeing your pictures; you can tell everyone was having a great great time together.
Many fun memories for your children to hold dear in the years to come!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream September 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

What a fun place and oh how I would have loved to have gone to the Japanese gardens. I'm glad you got to have so much fun this summer. I have certainly enjoyed all these pictures. I need to post more of Avery's from her trip. BTW I love your CHA CHA CHA hat! Too cute!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie September 28, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

What a lovely family you have.What a fun filled day.Yes eagles are very huge.So beautiful.XXOO Marie Antionette
PS You can leave that bug there...LOL