Monday, September 28, 2009

My favorite time of year

~*~

Well summer is over and so are the the summer posts of what I did this summer! Thanks for sharing your kind, funny and friendly comments with me. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did and you've gotten a few new ideas to share with your family and friends. I've learned that when you carry your camera with you, there are daily opportunities to make memories!
The weather is starting to cool off, the sunset is coming earlier everyday and late night dinner picnics are coming to an end for the season because...



Fall has arrived!!



By my calendar, it starts Labor Day weekend when all the decorations come out of storage and I decorate over the holiday.







I didn't put out too much this year because Samson is into EVERYTHING! It's just like having a little toddler again. He's so adorable though, we are loving him!


Switching out all the cookbooks for the changing of the season. And I've got a LOT of them! Mmmm, baking cookies goes into high gear this time of year. I always enjoy making Peanut Butter as the first batch!

Chili with beans! I mean, what's chili without beans if you can't toot about it afterwards. tee hee

The crock pot gets used about every other day!


My favorite excuse to make Pumpkin Soup!

And Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting!

And oooh all those different versions of Apple Pie! Our family favorite is Apple, Blackberry and Sour Cream Pie. I will have to take a photo of that this year to share with you along with the recipe.


What is your favorite thing about the Fall season?

~*~

11 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Mumzie September 28, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

Love your Autumn post with all the beautiful colors and smells. I want to bake an apple pie today. Thanks for sharing. Mumzie ;)

Sparky September 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

That was delightful! Love the kitty. He's cute. ;)

Can I have some of Mumzie's apple pie when it's ready? Just give a holler over the back fence and I am soooo there ... [tee hee] YUM!

Sparky September 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Oh PS: My favorite thing about Fall is the smells: baking pies, burning leaves, and cool crisp air. Oh yeah.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream September 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Samson is adorable. One of my favorite things about fall is soups. I always associate yummy soups with the fall breezes. My mother used to make a vegetable soup with hamburger and Veg-all in a can. It was simple but delicious. I think since she had made it when the weather was cold outside and I had walked in the chilly air from school for lunch it tasted magnificent. I miss her so and that little soup. Are these all pictures of your food?

Nigel September 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

The table setting in the field and that small grove of trees with the falling leaves are beautiful photos!

In surf town right now it is completely the opposite with saphhire blue skies and I have never seen the beach sand so white.

But I still love autumn too.
(smiles)

ChaChaneen September 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Nana Trish,

Ah your Mom and I are alike as I use V-8 tomato juice as a soup base as well. I especially like the picante version, my kids... not so much, but I lurve it. It really makes soups taste good! I lurve to have tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches too.

And no the food photos aren't mine, just freebies around the web! Well at least I hope they are, it's getting harder and harder to determine what is copyright and what isn't it.

Blessings,
Janeen

Saucy September 29, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I also love the decor and the "change of recipes" but the best part for me is the fashion! I lurrve me some boots, jackets, hats and gloves ;)

Happy, happy Fall!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

I think I'll join Nigel and watch and smell all the wonderful Fall goings-on at Chachaneen's! ;)

It's my favorite time of year too! Love inhaling the crisp air, wearing my light jacket and boots stepping onto the fallen leaves! Brings out the child in me!

Bopping to Beyond the Sea while salivating! I'm oh so content, I hate to leave! Everything was just so tantallizingly delicious, Janeen! Danke! :))

jax September 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

My favorite thing about fall is the changing of the leaves and all the wonderful sweaters I get to bring out of my closet (and the potential new sweaters in the stores) And after the 16th, my anniversary can be added to that list :)

Karine October 1, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Great dishes! Two of my favorite ingredients during fall: butternut squash and apples :)

Betsy Brock October 2, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

After all the grilling and potato salad, the fall foods sounds so wonderful, don't they? I'm putting beef on to simmer for vegetable soup today. I love it when dinner simmers all day...filling the house with a wonderful aroma!

I'm a cookie baker, too....and that apple pie looks wonderful!

Happy Fall!