Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Roof Leak Update

~*~


Roof Leak Update!

After a long afternoon, we found out that water is ponding at the chimney where the house and chimney meet and make a V shape. The standing water is traveling, thus the reason for the 2 leaks but it's coming from the one source! Unfortunately, no repairs can be done until the rain stops and the area dries up a bit, then they will install a device that wraps around the chimney causing the water to run down both sides and some other minor flashing repairs and that should take care of it as the remaining shingles on the house all look good. The cost will be about $500. Later, when we can, we'll have the ceiling repaired in my sons room. I'm hoping the storm today doesn't damage it further and that we can start repairs tomorrow as SUN is in the forecast for Wedneday & Thursday around here!


Thank you for your sweet comments and prayers! I REALLY do appreciate it so much!

~*~

11 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Linda February 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Yikes, do you have homeowners insurance? Not sure if that would cover it or not, just a thought. So sorry all this happened. You will be in my prayers. Blessings

Sparky February 17, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Glad it's not much to repair (at least I hope it's do-able for y'all). You are ALWAYS in our prayers, even if you don't ask. :o) I've started praying for all my bloggy friends. Y'all are real friends!! Have a great sunny day. ♥ ∞

nanatrish February 17, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

I'm happy you have a diagnosis. I'm so sorry about your leaking. I pray you will get it all taken care of and no more drip, drip. Hang in there!

Rebecca February 18, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

Oh, no......We also have a leak in our son's room that will have to be fixed. The Mr. is pretty handy with repairs but he's short on time so who knows when it will get fixed. Fortunately, it's not over his bed but is still a pain.

Many prayers for you and yours!

Marie Reed February 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Yeahhh! I was so happy to see the sun shining on your blog this morning! Touché crappy leaky roof! I

twinkle teaches February 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

We had a kitchen leak last year. No fun! I am glad it will be sunny. :)
tina

twinkle teaches February 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

We had a kitchen leak last year. No fun! I am glad it will be sunny. :)
tina

twinkle teaches February 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

We had a kitchen leak last year. No fun! I am glad it will be sunny. :)
tina

Lavinia February 18, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I am very sorry to hear about your roof leak. Reminds me of how my roof needs to be repaired this year. I haven't sprung any leaks--yet---but shingles are flying off at every wind. Now as to your leak, best of luck in getting this problem fixed with not too much cash outlay. And I hope you are soon all nice and dry for good. Ah, the pleasures (and perils!) of home ownership....

Marie Reed February 19, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

PS.. I feel your pain! Our heater just stopped working! Let's see how much moolah we'll have to cough up for the repairs.. Plus... I'm freezing!

Anonymous February 21, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Bless you! I know that has to be a pain in the you know what. Things like that always seem to happen during the winter time. Thinking good thoughts for you.