Monday, January 26, 2009

Home again... UPDATED

~*~
UPDATED** This is what I made today! I think they came out just fine!




Well I'm home again today, except it's with my Girl whose got the flu bug this time. So, what to do... work on my journal covers! Several years ago at a women's retreat I attended, the afternoon activity was making a journal from a composition notebook. I generally am not a person who journals, so instead I make other uses out of them. I have a book for my tea parties, a Sunday church sermons, a book journal where I write down lists of book passages that I want to remember, a humor journal where I write down funny sayings I've heard or seen and want to remember. I make my journals to suite my style and since I am right handed, I glue pictures from magazines and place them on the left side of the journals.


Here is a composition notebook. I generally stock up in August/September when they are on sale for the coming school year.


Here is my miscellaneous journal with it's second cover on it as the first cover had worn off already...


Here is where I made notes and planned the menu for my sister's 45 Birthday Tea party...




Here is a letter from one of my best friends, Erin~ written on what I call nature paper, not the official name but that's what it looks like to me. She LOVES this kind of stationary and she wrote me a letter from a recent find that I found while out perusing shops in the Napa Valley one day.



Here is my Sunday sermon journal that I just recently filled up.






Here is the newest Sunday sermon journal and the embellishments are already starting to fall off. I'll probably have to redo the cover in a couple of months.


I was surfing the net this morning to get some new ideas as my art supplies are very limited right now and was delighted to find inspiration. The littlest idea can help me create my own cover. People are just so talented, aren't they? Creative in their own ways that express their artistic gift. Look at these I found...









By the way, if I've infringed on any one's copyright, it was not intentional, I was just sharing what you already put out there on the web. Let me know if this is you and I'd be happy to take the pics down.

~*~

17 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky January 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Wow, Janeen, you are so creative! I like the journals idea. They are beautiful. I know I won't keep journals because it's just one more thing I would have to keep track of! [lol] Every since I retired, I refrain from such 'work' or deadlines. [smile]

I am sorry to hear about your little one being sick. I pray that she be well quickly and there will be no strain on y'all. Keep us posted. ((Hugs)) ♥ ∞

PS: My neck disk surgery is February 4th. Prayers are happily accepted. :o)

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

I'm not much on handwritten journals due to a pinched nerve in my neck affects my right hand grip...I can type fine though...go figure...LOL!

These are all lovely and something I did to my own cruise journal on my post today...picturs cut outs and things and I plan to make "notes" not write long entries...I've already written one and my handwriting is horrible!

Hope you child gets to feeling better and that you don't get it yourself!

Blessin's♥

Gill - That British Woman January 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

that is so creative and such a good idea.........I just can't take on any more projects at the moment.........must try adn remember this though.

Gill in Canada

Sparky January 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

OMGoodness, you are SO GOOD!! I especially like the one with the pen and ink well photos! That's classy. The cupid valentine one is cute too! You need to stay home more often (but not because of sick little ones). Hope child is better very soon, BTW. Thanks for letting sharing your handywork. :o) ♥ ∞

Blicky Kitty January 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

You are sooo so talented!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie January 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

WOW!!! they are beautiful.I love them.Great job.Iam sorry that your son has the flu bug.I hope he gets well quick.I hate it when children are ill.May god Bless You.Hugs Marie Antionette

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie January 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

WOW!!! they are beautiful.I love them.Great job.Iam sorry that your son has the flu bug.I hope he gets well quick.I hate it when children are ill.May god Bless You.Hugs Marie Antionette

MuseSwings January 27, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

Oooh the flu has spread - sorry! I hope your daughter feels well soon. I LOVE these journals! Beautiful, creative and fun!

I stopped by because that gem is missing again. Sam Spade is helping out this time Do YOU have it? Huh? huh?

KARNA January 27, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Janeen - you are multi talented. I love the idea of how you use your journals for diff aspects of what you love. Great idea!! I love the idea of buying those composition books too and having fun fixing them up! GREAT idea, beautiful work.

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Janeen! Look at you with your little, talented self!!! Those are too stinking cute. I love stuff like this, but don't have the patience. I love them!

Gill - That British Woman January 27, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

those are neat the ones you added......

I had to come over as I was laughing at your comment, as I am planning on doing a Giveaway on my blog in May for my 1st anniversary, and was thinking of including the trivet as one of the prizes!!!! Did you read my mind?

I will say that the quilt will not be one of the prizes, I am keeping that for myself.

Gill in Canada

Morgan the Muse January 27, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Hey, sorry. You left a comment on my second blog that I only just saw. I did write about the inauguration, but it was not very exciting. However, just by coincidence, I wrote another one today, that you can read at http://morgancame.blogspot.com/

Again, I am so sorry for ignoring you!

Blicky Kitty January 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

I just came over for a second look to make sure there's nothin fishy going on around here. Seems like there's an awful lot of bloggy loot missing and the security seems to be watching Saddle Club. Those girls are always up to something --- especially Vanessa.

Suspiciously yours,
Blick

Blicky Kitty January 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

That Veronica. I can't believe she blamed it on the Saddle Club too. She said that they stole them. She must have been trying to throw them off the trail (much like Lavinia).

Hope you all feel better!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream January 27, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

I love the journals. You are very creative. I think it's such a neat idea for gifts. I could get my computer to work right last night to leave a comment. Very, very cool.

Tamara Jansen January 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

These journals are gorgeous!!!! I bought a really pretty one a few months ago and then......promptly lost it!

For Vienne February 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

darling journals!! crafts are so fun and you are quite gifted with the creativity to do them! I am having so much fun reading your blog! I love your passion for tea-time and yummy foods! fun fun!