Friday, January 9, 2009

Lazy afternoons in Winter

~*~
Winter has arrived here with it's cold temperatures and frankly it was time to get outside because we were all getting cabin fever.
But first, I made myself a Gingerbread Latte with LOTS of whipped cream. I bought a can during the holidays to take during our travels among the relatives and it was about to expire and I didn't want to let it go to waste.... so I piled it up SUPER high and then it melted into the latte. Ahhhh, heaven on earth!




Got my stack of magazines that have been waiting for me to read. Did I ever tell you all that I am a major reader? Yes I am. I'm always reading~ love, love, love to read. (Blogging is great for reading isn't it?) If you have something on your desk, I'll probably read it. If you've got a note-to-self on the refrigerator, I'll probably read it. I am a trained observer so my skills are super-honed! Just call me Nancy Drew! Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, that's it... Nancy Drew!




The kids ready to play in the back yard.



Here we are trying to take self-portraits during the sunset, so we've got squinty eyes.



Yes, my boy has his sweatshirt on backwards. He did it on purpose so he could look down at the treasures he finds in the backyard. Okay, if you've ever seen my backyard, ya 'all know that I've got a dead lawn ~ I do not have an emerald thumb ~ and then a concrete patio.... no treasures (except for the view). Ah, you have to love the imagination of children!


~*~

11 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Oh that looks like a great way to spend a lazy afternoon!

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Looks like a great day. What a cute family!

alittlebitofscrap January 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Sounds like fun about now, couch, latte, magazines.. I so wish! Your pictures look very good. My self photos always look funny and you can either see the camera or you can tell I'm holding it. Tips?

Tea Time With Melody January 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

OK, first I am like, he is NOT wearing his sweatshirt on backwards! Then I read further and thought what a smart guy!! Tell him he gets his smarts from his Auntie.

Saucy January 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

What a genius idea, wearing his sweatshirt backwards ;) that story just made my day!

MuseSwings January 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

You did a great service to yourself and the world in general by putting heaps of whipped cream into that latte. You go girl! Your kiddies are so cute! So's their mom.

MuseSwings January 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I stopped by for another latte. Would you make me some of those pretty little cakes on the magazine cover?

Gill - That British Woman January 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

that drink looks ssssooooooooo good, and yes you did right by using up all the cream before it expired, I would have too!!

Gill in Canada

the voice of melody January 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

I came over from your sister's blog and thought I'd say hi. :)

A few magazines to read and a yummy latte to go with it... that sounds like a great way to spend a cozy afternoon! And how nice of your MIL to give you that tea cart. It's perfect!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream January 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

So adorable. What beautiful kids and you too, of course! Your mountains are gorgeous!

Angela McRae January 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Hi Janeen! You won the teapot embroidery pattern giveaway on my blog from last Friday, so if you'll send me your snail mail address I'll get these off to you! Congrats! Angela (angela@newnan.com)