Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Best M-I-L!

~*~
Seriously, I have THE BEST Mother In Law in the world!
We have a wonderful relationship and she is generous too!
For example, look what she bestowed upon me!
Yep~ A Tea Cart! Yahoo! I know I'm so lucky! She had it in her home but didn't use it and decided to ask ME if I wanted it. Did I want it? As if!! ha ha

I dressed it up with two lace doilies that a dear friend in Bosnia-Herzegovina made for me. I think they look lovely and complete the cart!




Excuse me while I go put a pot on the stove.... (sigh)
~*~


12 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Rebecca January 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

What a great gift! Lucky you...My MIL is quite generous, too. It makes all the difference in the world to have a good relationship with your DH's Mum...

Tea Time With Melody January 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Lovely just lovely. I feel a Jane Austin movie coming on..ow bout som tea an crumpets dearie, I'll be right over.

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Wow! You are blessed. To answer your comment on my blog, no I don't work. I never know where to answer comments. Do people go back and look on your post or should you answer on theirs?

Sparky January 7, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

That is a lovely gift. I am pea green with envy!! Can I have one too?? That is soooo beautiful Janeen. Congrats on having such a nice MIL too. [sending miles of smiles to y'all] ♥ ∞

alittlebitofscrap January 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

It is so pretty! It is nice to have such a wonderful MIL, I have one too... and yes, we are blessed! :)

KARNA January 7, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

You maried into one of the most sensitive and loving Christian families I have ever known. I adore Frank and Brenda and your mom. I love Pauline and really like (love) Bob and his wife too!! Your own husband's love of the Lord is so evident and deep. You have a bunch of KEEPERS there!!! Since your MIL is one of my forever friends I agree with you 100% - she is very generous, wise and loving. Do ya just LOVE the way they all are so sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat? I love it cuz I am a crier too. LOL That is really a pretty tea cart and you fixed it up perfectly! How do you get a dear friend in Bosnia? (Just curious)

ChaChaneen January 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Thanks for asking!

I became a sponsor of Women to Women, International when my son was born after watching a episode of Oprah (I was home on maternity leave). The organization helps women survivors of war (around the world) rebuild their lives after and during a war. The war in Bosnia at that time was still freshly over (just 5 years then) and one of the things they support is beyond the monthly financial sponsor ($25) they encourage you to exchange letters, photo's, etc. and encourage them through their 1 year long program where they learn about women's rights and further their basic education, etc. (a long list of things). Well I was paired up with a woman named and we hit it off immediately. She was an excellent corresponder and wrote monthly. (Not all women write me back as some have never corresponded in their life, others are afraid due to their husbands influence, the reasons vary from woman to woman.) After she graduated from the program, I contacted a private translator who did the Serbian language and we continued to stay in touch. My friend now has a girlfriend in her town who has internet access at a cafe and she does the translation for us out of pure kindness. Over the years, I've sent cosmetics to her, small gifts, photos, etc and then one year she mailed me both those doilies that have been wrapped up in paper waiting for a special occasion to use them and then I got the tea cart in place over the weekend ~ voila ~ the special occasion arrived! Isn't it lovely!

Lavinia January 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

This is adorable! And you've dressed it up beautifully. What a wonderful and useful addition to your home. Wow, I'm jealous...

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

This is adorable! And you've dressed it up beautifully. What a wonderful and useful addition to your home. Wow, I'm jealous...
-Lavinia

Linda Jennings January 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Your tea cart is lovely! How nice of your MIL to give it to you!

Gill - That British Woman January 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

you dressed that cart up nicely...are you inviting us all over for tea and scones?

Gill in Canada

Nana Trish is Living the Dream January 13, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

This is so pretty. How sweet of your MIL!