Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm being interviewed...

~*~

By Gill at That British Woman... But before we get to the interview, please visit Gill and enjoy all her amazing 50 recipes food posts, easy money saving tips and lovely photo's! You won't be disappointed!



Gill asked me the following...



1. What would be a perfect day for you?

For my family, all of them like a big reunion, to spend the day at the sea/ocean with perfect weather, an amazing picnic basket filled with all our favorites, tent canopies to provide some shade and while I'm at it, some great reclining chairs too, various sand toys to build castles with, a two hour block of time to read a book without being interrupted, firewood to build a bonfire in the evening, and then a beach band to come and play music so we could all dance in the sand, then finally a photographer to be there the whole day to take pictures to capture the memories!

2. Is there anything you wished you could have done before you had a family?

No regrets on this one, I waited until I was 30 to have my first child. I did enough on what I could afford to do at the time prior to having kids.

3. Do you have any goals for 2009?

Yes, to lose 25 pounds before October because my Niece is getting married and as we all know, those wedding photo's stay through history! My next goal is to perfect my skills at Calligraphy so that it comes effortlessly.

4. What is your favourite food/meal and why?

My favorite meal is my own recipe for Beef Stroganoff that I do in the crock pot, served over wide noodles with a Caesar salad and garlic bread. Why~ it is simply because I have the cooking anointing every time I make it as it comes out perfect. If I could have my own show, this would be my signature dish. Currently though my fame only extends to the end of my driveway and my closest friends who call me Betty Crocker revisited.

5. Is there a skill you would love to learn, and if so what is it?

Calligraphy to which I am still trying to learn to do. The weird thing is that I took a class in Junior High School and was a quick learner and did quite well. Now 20 years later, I'm picking up the pen again however this time I'm not so good! ha ha I want it to come effortlessly, like when I sign my name, I don't have to think about it, it's just automatic. With calligraphy, it's painstakingly slow to get the flow and angles just right. So practice, practice, practice is what it takes to learn the skill.

***Thanks Gill, that was fun! I really had to think about my answers too. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! Have a great week!



These are the rules for this meme: Want to be interviewed by me? Here are the instructions:



1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me" with your email address as to where I can send your questions.

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions and let me know when you have posted it, so I can link to it.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

nanatrish January 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

I love the interview. Your great day sounds wonderful! I do feel like I know you better. Okay, you did the journal books so off I go to Barnes and Nobles to their big sale and I got several blank ones for $2.00 each and this weekend I hope to fix them up. I got interviewed, but you will ask me different questions. If you are interested in interviewing me let me know at trishw824@gmail.com. luv ya.

Sparky January 29, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Great interview! I've known how to do Calligraphy since High School (1974). It's a wonderful skill to have. Keep practicing and remember to relax (that helps). Good luck! ♥ ∞

KARNA January 29, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Ok i'd love to have your beef stroganoff recipe IF you give it out :)
and....I calligraphy. Took it as an adult, loved it..it isn't perfect but people are always thinking its great; cuz they dont know what it is supposed to look like exactly anyway LOL.... I did the invitations for both my kids weddings.....a few a day LOL.. maybe you can do that for your neice :)
k
going off to your interviewer's blog; sounds great

Gill - That British Woman January 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM  

great answers, and I feel I know you so much better now........I would love to learn calligraphy, as I am starting to make my own cards............though when I will have the time to do that goodness knows!!!

thanks for letting me interview you,

Gill in Canada

Marie Reed January 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Now if only they had a beef Stroganoff burrito!

Saucy January 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

I'd love to be interviewed by you. It sounds fun!

Lavinia February 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

This was a very interesting interview. Beef stroganoff...how I'd love to experience the real thing. The closest I've come is hamburger helper.

Calligraphy is something I'd like to learn too, I love how it looks, and makes everything written in its style seem so special. I hope you become a pro in no time!

Saucy February 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

I answered your interview questions tonight! Thanks for letting me play!