Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gone but not forgotten

~*~

I recently had my long awaited... 
holiday delayed, illness delayed, weather delayed
Gone With The Wind themed tea party!


However, I don't have a single picture to share with you 
because I was busy making memories!  Shame, shame, I know. 
But I CAN show you the recipes I used for my movie themed menu!

Scarlett's 
Cream Scones

with Cream 

and Lemon Curd (Trader Joe's is the BEST)





Ashley's


Rhett's 
Black Bottom Lemon Pie
but I switch it out with my own lemon pie filling)

It was a grand time at "Tara"!
~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) March 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

I wish I were more domesticated...I think I'd really like tea parties. Or at least just live near you and invite myself to yours! lol

It looks and sounds like it was just a beautiful time!

ChaChaneen March 12, 2011 at 4:15 PM  

Recluse, You enjoying have lunch with your girlfriends right? Think of a lovely lunch with your girlfriends drinking pots of your favorite hot tea and yummy finger foods! Sometimes we'll watch movies.. but not this time cuz GWTW is 4 hours long. ha ha And yes, if you lived near me, you would be joining us dahling!

Betsy Brock March 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

Yum. I bookmarked that scone recipe! :)

Anonymous March 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

My vote goes to the Black Bottom Lemon Pie. Yummy! :-)

Take care and have a great week :-)

~Ron
*******

Susan March 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

what a great GWTW party ! I think I will make a dress out of my velvet curtains today !

jax March 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

The peach tea was amazing! Thank you for having me :)