Friday, June 6, 2008

A Hawaiian Luau Tea Party

A Hawaiian Luau Tea Party!
My family and friends rotate monthly Tea Party's and
this month was my Mothers turn to host. She has a fake
flower arrangement (that looks VERY REAL until you get close up)
that inspired her for this party theme.



Her beautiful table greeted us as we walked into the dining room!
Her plates and glasses were Hawaiia Luau themed too!
I asked my Mom where she got all the darling dishes and
she said she found them at the dollar store! Get yourself
down to your nearest Dollar Tree to pick up a set for some summer fun!



Here's my sister Melody looking very festive with the
assorted fruit skewers! Yummy!

Delicious fruit, berry scones with cream and lemon curd, chicken salad on crossiants!

Here's my Mom enjoying the fruits of her labor!

For dessert we enjoyed Pineapple and Coconut Ice Cream with Cheesecake and berries. Not a likely combination, but it actually tasted good together. The fruity ice cream off set the rich cheesecake.

Me and Ann.

Me and my Dad - self portrait of course!

Jackie and Melody!


Jackie and I - self portrait again!

Time for Hostess presents! (You secretly love this part when your hosting!)
This was a beautiful porcelain type flower!


A gorgeous plant from Jan! My Mother LOVES plants and has an emerald thumb so this gift was right up her alley!

Jennifer, Melody and I gave my Mom a Orchid flower lei (which we gave to her when we arrived so she could wear it immediately). She was blown away! Jennifer had it flown in from Hawaii just for the occasion and it smelled so amazing!


Three hours later it was time to go. Our mouths were sore from laughing 2 of the 3 hours we were there. It's so great to have these times together with family and friends. It doesn't have to be elaborate or even a themed gathering. Just invite your BFF over to help you fold laundry and while their there, enjoy some coffee/tea and treats to thank them!


0 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment: