Saturday, May 22, 2010

My new favorite app

~*~

My new favorite app is...

Lose It!

Recently my girlfriend and I were sharing about our favorite apps.  Mine was for my local library for checking out audio e-books and hers was Lose It!  She has been slimming down for the approaching summer and was keeping track of her calories.  Now I have never been a calorie counter...
ev-ah, but I was intrigued with the EASE of the app as it is very user friendly!  She suggested I should track my food for a week just to SEE the total count of calories I consume on a average day and I agreed to see what happened because I lurve food and eat anything I want cause remember I don't count calories!  ha ha

 HOLY SMOKIN' ROCKETS! 

Can you say nearly 4700 calories was my daily average in a week!  Yikes, double the recommended daily allowance.  Now that I'm over 40 I know that is not a healthy average, so on Wednesday I immediately cut back my PORTIONS on high calorie foods and also made a few healthier choices for snacks.  For example, we have a Air Popcorn Maker that we use everyweek for family movie night.  I also use butter and salt ~ whoa I found out the calories are through the roof on that one.  But to have just the plain air popcorn - I lurve plain too so not a problem - was only 30 calories per cup.  I could easily eat 3 cups and still be below 100 calories for a snack. 

Since Wednesday I've already lost 3 pounds ~ still eating whatever I want, just choosing to have smaller portions and adding a few healthier choices along the way. 

Check it out - ~ IT'S A FREE APP!

~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Ann May 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

Yeah, you would lose lotsa pounds over nothing!!! Not to discourage you--I go weeks! denying myself and NOTHING HAPPENS!!

ChaChaneen May 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

If you deny your body, it will go on auto sloooooow down metabolism cuz it thinks it may not get food again. Always better to eat several times a day!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) May 24, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

I am so behind the times. I'm assuming this "app" is for a phone? My phone can make/receive calls and texts...and not much more. :(
However, this would be a handy thing to have...but I probably wouldn't use it more than a few days. lol I'm so AADD.

Angela McRae May 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

I'm going to download this app right now! Thanks!