Sunday, May 23, 2010

Keep your eyes on the prize

*~

Son: Mom, can I have that new mechanical pencil.

Me: Do you have any money?

Son: Nooooooo, but you do!

Me:  Budget is T-I-G-H-T so you'll have to earn it.

Son:  Okay, what do I have to do?

Me:  Car needs a bath, since you know.... a'hem I can't go through the car wash right now... cause you know, the antenna is broken. (Read the Jonah post to refresh your memory)

Son:  OKAY!  That will be fun!

Me:  Glad you think so Son!



Here is the broken antenna today... 
this is as far back as we can get it in while in it's broken state.


The Prize ~ Mechanical pencil & erasers


The Krazy String was just because it's FUN...
and on clearance!

~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Ann May 24, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

Aren't sons a kick?

R. Quilter May 24, 2010 at 6:18 AM  

He is SO blessed to have you as a Mom!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) May 24, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

LOL How funny....he had to work for his pencil! He sure is a cutie,
I love pencils and pens...and I have tons of them!! glitter, metallic, all colors... so I like that boy!!

KARNA May 24, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

He is so cute too!!! Kids like rewards and you are teaching him well...life isn't handed over easily without thought and purpose! Life lessons! Good for you.

Rebecca May 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Adorable son and wonderful mama!...Mine mowing the back lawn today :)