Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Jonah Day!

~*~
Actually it's been a Jonah week!
(a Jonah day refers to what Anne says to Marilla after a day of everything going wrong in the book, "Anne of Avonlea" - hence Jonah in the bible getting swallowed up by the whale)

First was some very upsetting news that I know God is going to resolve, so I just have to be obedient while He works it out...

Next... my Man offered to go fill up my car with gas while I was finishing my to-do list and while he was there, thought it would be nice to get the car washed as well since it needed a bath.  As he drives through the car wash listening to the RADIO, he hears a gnarly sound of metal on metal.... 

~ yep you guessed it ~

My antenna was UP!  Now in his defense, on his car the antenna is built into the glass windows, so he doesn't even THINK about an antenna... ev-ah.  So when he went through the car wash, the thought didn't even cross his mind as to the antenna on my car.  Yeaaaaaaaaa, so now I've got a gnarly looking antenna... Sweet!


Okay this one I can laugh about now... but at the moment I was NOT laughing...

In the normal routine of the morning, I grabbed the container of leftovers from the refrigerator as that was going to be my lunch for the day.  Lunch time comes around and while at my desk I open the lid off the container, only to exclaim "Oh Crikey" as I looked into a lovely pudding pool of GRAVY!  Yes, I grabbed the container of gravy and not the container of pork and potatoes.


My co-workers got a chuckle (rolled on the floor laughing) out of it though and eagerly offered to run down to KFC to get me some biscuits so I could have biscuits and gravy for lunch.  Awe how sweet huh?  Well I was already in lousy mood for the week, so this was my Jonah moment for grabbing the wrong container, simple mistake I know but I wasn't having it and instead realized that it was Cinco-de-Mayo and I should be having chips and salsa instead!  What was I thinking having pork and potatoes anyway, right?  So I walked over to the nearby mexican haunt and got me some chips & salsa!  Of course the joke at work now is... "Gosh I wish I had some gravy to go with my lunch."  It's all in good fun!


By the way... I forgot to take pictures of my Mother's Day gathering but my lurvely Niece did!  She even did a post about it!  Check it out here!
~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

KARNA May 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

aww gravy for lunch and no antenna..i'm sorry..>BUT whatever the real Jonah story is about I pray over you that HE will HOLD YOU HIGH ABOVE IT and give you clarity in it, with wisdom 88 times greater than anything you have ever experienced before. God bless Don for taking the car to gas up and get a carwash too...now that's an excellent husband!!!

On my computer your typeset is LARGE and everything seems pressed together..maybe its just me..if not, maybe you could just make it a bit smaller :)
love you

Elizabeth Mahlou May 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I can relate to the car washed antenna. Once I was so tired I fell asleep in the car wash, my hand hit the window button, the window opened, and I got washed. THAT woke me up!!

ChaChaneen May 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Thanks for the heads up about the font.... now my FONT is acting up! ha ha I think it's fixed now.

Betsy Brock May 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

the gravy is the funniest!

Sometimes you just have to laugh...at everything!

Kat Mortensen May 14, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Ah ha ha! Do you watch The Amazing Race, Janeen? The two cowboys from Oklahoma (who should have won) were hilarious and every time they came up against something difficult, one of them would say, "Oh My Gravy"!!!

Well, you sure could have said that! Too funny!

Sorry to hear about your car, but a gnarly antenna could be cool - you can tie streamers to it and they'll stay on at least.

Hope the Jonah issue is resolved. You've got your trust in the right place.

I'm proud that "Anne of GG and Avonlea" was written by a great Canadian lady.

Kat