Sunday, August 24, 2008

Under The Stars....

My sister and I went to see a friend who starred in the lead role as Maria of The Sound of Music! It was a production of Neighborhood Church's Community Theater Music Series in Castro Valley. And it was a blast! In the church courtyard, we huddled together with our coats on to enjoy a great cast and a full orchestra too!

This is funny..... We arrived a little early and were told to wait for the doors to open before taking our seats, so we strolled along the church property to wait it out. Suddenly my sister asks... "Oh my gosh, is this a catholic church?" In my mind I was thinking "Umm noooo" but before I could respond, she starting laughing! I looked up and saw a NUN walking in front of us.... the NUN was actually a member of the cast!
And it got even funnier! We had just entered the main church sanctuary area that was so quiet you could hear a pin drop and as we ascended the staircase, we heard the loveliest angelic voice ever! But it also startled us! We spun around on our heels like two kids getting busted for sneaking into something and it was the Mother Superior Nun practicing her la, la, la's... of course we apologized profusely for disturbing her rehearsal solitude! She was lovely though and said it was quite alright!



4th Row Seats! Yahoo!


As we prepared to leave, Ruth came running out to greet her fans so I started taking pictures and got myself in front of the crowd and soon I felt like the official paparazzi photographer!



But her biggest fans were her Family who showered her with flowers and praise! They were so proud of their Star~!




*~*


2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings August 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

I saw the play in Detroit in the 60's and of course the movie! The audience looks like they were just as entranced by the play as I was (!!oh my gosh!!) 45 years ago. Your musical accompaniments are always great fun!

Lavinia August 24, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

It looks like a very good production...I love those little sailor suits....they are one of my favourite things!