Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Playdate

Mom, can I have a play date with a friend?
Yes.
Hmm, can we also have lunch?
Yes.
Hmm, can we do it like you do?
Do what honey?
Ya know, have all the fancy tea stuff with our lunch?
Sounds like fun!
YES!
But first I need to go to the store for some fruit and bread.
Since I'll be busy cooking and setting the table, I'll stop by the donut shop for a quickie breakfast.

Like we'll need anymore sugar today... my favorite is the chocolate iced buttermilk in the back.

Okay table is ready with assorted fruit, scones and tea sandwiches. Today's selection is Peanut Butter and Jelly, traditional cucumber and my new favorite, sliced ham with apricot & cream cheese spread.

Yea! Play date friend has arrived and ready to celebrate their soccer team win.
The princess crowns are left-over from my sister's Queen for a Day birthday party held back in January. Scroll through the blog for January and you'll see more great photo's of that!



For today's centerpiece, I used the bottom of my biscuit jar and topped it with this darling miniature tea set my Mother In Law got for me!
Well why should the kids have all the fun! I had to do all the work, so I got all my tea stuff out to enjoy as well! Hmm, choices, choices... I think I'll choose French Vanilla tea with some milk and brown sugar cubes... of course!




Delicious if I say so myself!

Now this is a treat! A customer of mine brought in a large box of garden vegetables to share among my office mates and let me tell you, it was so wonderful! I probably brought home $10 worth of yellow and red tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh basil! I knew exactly what I was going to make with those and since I wanted some grown up food for lunch, I made my version of a Caprese salad using mozzarella cheese, both kinds of tomatoes, the basil, olive oil and S/P.


 
 Now it's time for PLAY! It was a bit windy today, so swimming didn't last too long but it was rated the best play date ever and I'm the best Mom ever. Yeah, that's right!

I hope that your Saturday has been as much fun as ours!
 
~*~

2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Kelli August 9, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

What a great play date idea! The girls look like they had a lot of fun. Aren't tea parties wonderful!
Have a lovely summery weekend,
~Kalianne

MuseSwings August 9, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

Nothing more fun that a tea party! Send me one of those glazed donuts, please - of and a cucmber sandwich. The salad looks delish!
Cynthia