Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Especial-Tea for YOU!

Greetings and welcome to the "Especial-Tea for you" party hosted by Muse Swing!

Please visit her lovely blog to get the complete list of ladies participating today!
For now... just relax and enjoy the music.


I wished I could have found something vintage to wear but nothing looked right for the party mood I am in, so.... I'll put on my party dress and jewels!



Of course an Updo hairstyle!



May I pour you a cup of tea? Would you like brown or white sugar cubes? I lOVE brown sugar cubes with my tea, it takes the flavor to a whole-nother level with milk! While we wait for the others to join us, help yourself to some treats...



Today I am contributing my famous cream scones! My popularity is among 5 friends who swear they can't duplicate it even though I gave them the recipe. (by the way... scroll down my blog and you'll see my previous post for the recipe if you would like it) Personally, I think no matter what the recipe says... it's all in the brand of flour you buy and the technique of how you stir, fold or knead the ingredients for the person making it.


In my opinion, there is no other curd topping than Trader Joe's Lemon Curd... seriously you will compare every other lemon curd to this brand in the USA and they'll never measure up. They carry it seasonly though so stock up during the holidays through spring.


My other hard to find favorite in California... Wild Huckleberry Jam! I love jam! If it's homemade I love it even more! I dream of being a judge at the county fair for homemade jams, pies, cakes, bars... you name the treat and I'll praise your sweet name for it! Speaking of the fair... my dad is singing in the California State Fair at the end of this month during the California State Karaoke Championship! But I'll write about that more another day!



Now that we've had a little something to eat, it's time for conversation!


Have you heard about these? They are Iced Tea with Lemon, sugar-free mints! You can buy them at CandyAddict.com or a store near you!


Do you happen to subscribe to Tea Time? It is growing on me, I think I'll ask for a subscription for my birthday later this year.


...or this? It was a glorious day when this returned to publication, my subscription request went out the very next morning!





Have you ever seen these Aqua trays before? They are for your bath tub, perfect for just a little something.


Oh the other day, I found these combo tea cup and plate with shoe pattern on the Internet. I hope someday they show up at a discount store so I can call them mine! It would be great to take to work so I can use it at my desk. Right now, my desk plates and cups don't match but that is what makes it darling too. But these... would be sooo me!





What are your favorite ROMANTIC movies? I have several..
A Room with a View because the costumes are simply gorgeous and the acting represents the book like it I expected! Isn't it a bummer when a movie adaption of a book is a BIG let down? Well this won't disappoint you!

Enough said...
My FAVORITE MOVIE every time in all contests!
Who wants to go get their shawl and hanky? Go ahead, I'll wait!
Ooooh the red dress!
Now this one didn't become a favorite until recently. I definitely had to be a mature adult to understand the story and wow, it's a beautiful story.


Well all good things must come to an end... I'm thrilled you could join me today! Don't forget to visit all the lovely blogs today who are participating ! But before you go, here is my party favor! This gorgeous White Chocolate Tea Cup set! That's right, it's edible!




11 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings August 5, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

What lovely things you have for the party! I just love the tea confection in white chocolate, Your gown and upswept hair-do are stunning! I've eaten another cream scone just now. How light, how airy! Let's pop over to Laviania's! I'm in need of another tea cake.

Cynthia

nanatrish August 5, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

This is my first visit and Wow. We put you on our favorites. My granddaughter, Avery is right here with me today as I'm on vacation. You have a fabulous setting for the tea party. Great dress and food and movies. I hadn't even thought about us watching movies, but what a grand idea. You are welcome to come anytime over to our blog, Nana Trish is Living the Dream. Thanks for the chocolate favors. What a grand treat! Thanks, Trish and Avery

Kat Mortensen August 5, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

Oh, A Room With A View, of course, but I see you have Dr. Zhivago in there so I'll have to say...both!

Love your dress, your fancy edibles and your blog. I'm making you a fave straightaway!

Thanks for the visit,

Kat

steviewren August 5, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Janeen, your scones are to die for. Mmmmm, I'll have mine with a heaping spoon of lemon curd, if you please.

And I completely agree with you, a tea party is the perfect place to compare favorite romantic movies. My list would include A Mirror Has Two Faces and Moulin Rouge. Don't you think Jeff Bridges and Ewan McGregor are McDreamy?

I hope you find that cute, cute luncheon set on sale soon. I agree, it was made with you in mind!

Thanks so much for a perfectly good time!

Lavinia August 5, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Janeen! What an incredible contribution you've made to our tea party!! Your presence, conversation, teacup sets, romantic movies, treats, huckleberry jam....where to begin. It's all simply marvelous!

I adore those party favours....edible you say?

As for romantic movies, oh that is a good conversation to have....I am personally partial to all the old romantic movies, made in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.

An Affair to Remember is one of them, so is Indiscreet, Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Casablanca, to name just a few.

What a great tea party...we must all do this again soon!

Kelli August 5, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Oh Janeen, this is all so wonderful I feel like a child in a candy shop!

I've made a beeline to your amazing scones and can't wait to try the huckleberry jam (no idea what a huckleberry is, but I like the sound of it).

Thank you for the gift too, it's so pretty. I'll put it on my dressing table for a while, then I'll eat it(curiosity will finally get the better of me afterall).

Thank you for your warm hospitality!

~Kalianne

MuseSwings August 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Janeen! I had the loveliest time at your party! I didn't realize, until Lavinia remineded me that the white chocolate tea sets are party favors! I just had to stop by for one of those and I thought I might take just one of those teeny sugar cubes with the purses and shoes on them. Thank you so much for being part and party to the party!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti August 6, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Hi Janeen!

I came over from Lavinia's blog and I enjoyed being your guest for tea! Those white chocolate tea cup favors are wonderful! I'd never wan tto eat it, thye are so pretty!

I love scones! Thanks for your recipe!

Just A Girl August 7, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

HI,
Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti sent me a link to your blog...it's darling! I loved your tea party! Thanks and I'll take my tea with brown sugar, please.

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

This is your sister speaking. Loved the tea, such a nice break it was in the middle of my workday. :)

Melody

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

This is your sister speaking. The tea was a lovely way to break up my afternoon. :)