Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spring Tea Parties!

~*~

I've shared before that I am part of a small group of women with whom we rotate monthly tea parties with. Recently, Ann hosted a Mother's Day tea at her home and there was never a more generous out door feast to honor Mother's than Ann set out that day. To call it a picnic would make it seem trivial!
And can you believe I FORGOT my camera! I know, I couldn't believe it. I'm always taking it with me, it's as common as the cell phone in my purse! I was having a small tantrum of sorts and carrying on so much, that I exasperated myself to the point I probably resembled a rerun from I Love Lucy! (just kidding but I was very miffed at myself!) THANKFULLY, Sharon remembered her camera and took this picture so we could make a memory!


Recently, the Women's Ministry at my church had a Spring Tea where 11 tables were decorated in different themes. We had nearly 90 women total, whew! Here are a few of what the tables looked like... I'll save mine for last.
*
This tables' theme was A DAY IN PARIS!
*
This tables' theme was PRETTY IN PINK!

*

This tables' theme was M & M! *

This tables' theme was TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME! *

This tables' theme was A WEDDING RECEPTION.*

This tables' theme was EASTER! *

This tables' theme was A BABY SHOWER. *

This tables' theme was A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY! *

This tables' theme was ROMANTIC ROSE. *

This tables' theme was CHINESE NEW YEAR! *

And finally.... my tables' theme was LEMONS AND LIMES!

This was actually very subdued to what I usually do at home with big themes and big displays and decorations but we are on budget lock down and this theme only cost me $5.00. The candy for my favors is what cost the most. (tee hee)

My party favor was filled with Lemon Heads candy and my recipe to make a glass of lemonade. You know when you've got just one lemon and you don't know what to do with it? Well make lemonade! I was asked what to make with a lime and I said very quietly... a cocktail! ha ha





I got some compliments from a group of gentlemen who came to help with set up/clean up. They said if they got to choose, they would have sat at my table because it was refreshing and it didn't look all foofy, like a girl's table. ha ha
Soooo, I guess if I ever hosted a MAN's Afternoon Tea, they wouldn't be offended by this table scape of decorations. I was told there is such a thing as a Man's Tea. Supposedly there was one on a episode of The Soprano's but I wouldn't know because I don't subscribe to Hells Box Office.

~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings May 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Lovely tea tavles! Yours is very refreshing - the salad looks DELICIOUS!

the voice of melody May 23, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Janeen, I love your table! The way you decorated it was beautiful and inviting. I also liked the Paris table and the M&Ms one (that one would be great for a kids' party for sure).

You mentioned gentlemen's teas and I have to share a story. My best girlfriend is from England and when she lived in my neighborhood here in the US (she's now in Spain), her husband and his work buddies, also Englishmen, would sometimes go to a local tearoom for a cream tea. They would sit there and have tea and scones and clotted cream during their lunch break and they thought nothing of it. My husband (American) has come to tea with me before and even our little boy too, but I can't picture him meeting his buddies for lunch at a tearoom! I always thought it was wonderful that my friend's husband and his friends used to do it though, and they were not uncomfortable in any way to be in what's usually thought of as a "girly" place.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures Janeen. It's the closest thing to being there! :)

ChaChaneen May 23, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Thank you Voice of Melody! Ya know my Man enjoys going to tea too! When I first took him to a local tea room, he wasn't so sure because it was VERY LADY-LIKE but after two hours of relaxing and slowing eating and enjoying tiers of goodies and pots of tea he said he now understood why us ladies enjoyed it so much. ha ha

Sparky May 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Hi Janeen! I like your table best too! You're very creative. Gosh, all the ladies were creative too. Excellent post. :o)
(PS: Good comment about HBO, that's the way we think of it too ... giggle).
CYA! Have a great weekend.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife May 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

I absolutely love teas like this! Thanks so much for your precious note on my blog. :))

Betsy Brock May 24, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

What a fun idea! I wish I had a monthly group like that! All the tables were really nice! Fun, fun!

twinkle teaches May 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

You always have the prettiest tea party photos. Wish I lived near you so I could go! It looks like so much fun! :)
tina

Lavinia May 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Your table is stunning! Soooooooo beautiful!~

I also really like the M&M table, and the Chinese tea table.

Wow, imagination, artistry, and elegance. Beautiful post Janeen.