Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dreams Really Do Come True!

~*~

If you've visited me long enough you'll know that for a L-O-N-G time I have been "Dreaming" of a Sewing Machine!  It didn't even have to be brand new, just a gently used, basic electric model was all I was looking for to replace the by-hand method I have been doing since my junior high days.   Well my hands and eyes aren't what they used to be and well... shouldn't every girl have a sewing machine?  

A few hand-me-down's where passed my way this past year but my local sewing shop told me that it would cost more to service and replace broken parts, than what I could buy a new machine for.  God Bless that man for being honest!  But this time, things were... different!


Jenifer called me and said, "Janeen, your not going to believe this but I think we've got a sewing machine for you!"   Being a girl with a sewing machine herself, she KNEW my desire to have one and felt the prompting to ask her church congregation.  Her Man told her to be obedient!  God bless you Ron!  ha ha   So she stood up and asked if anyone had a gently used sewing machine that needed a good home as she had a friend who would like to adopt it.  When she finished her request, she sat back down and from the pew behind her she heard these words.... "Oh Jenifer, we can help you, we have two!"  Yes, they had two machines!  The previous owners used to have their own blanket business and still had some inventory around.

Is this not a beauty?  And super CLEAN!
Look at all those fancy stitches it can make and even the bottom slides off... I know!  
(Guys, if this was a car - you could understand my happiness!)


Hidden compartment for accessories!


Extra box of even more accessories!!


Hmmm, what does this do?  Um, the manuel says that it makes button holes!


Here I am with my cried out, blood shot eyes holding a little note from the previous owner wishing me blessings with the machine.    In fact, the tears have been flowing pretty easy this week when I glance in it's direction.  I even had coffee with it on Monday... just looking at it... (Sigh)... I know, I've got it bad!


Before Jenifer left to go back home, she said her handsome Man - Ron, had just one thing to say...
"Janeen, when the opportunity is there... pay it forward." Ron, I can assure you... I will do that!  

Thank You are the appropriate words to say, but they don't express the gratitude that I feel.  
THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

~*~



10 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter August 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

Are you going to do quilting?

ChaChaneen August 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM  

Probably not yet but I've got plans to make some tea cozies for gifts!

Miss Jean August 6, 2010 at 5:23 AM  

Oh, I am so excited and happy for you!!!!! What a wonderful gift from generous people. If you ever need it serviced let me know and I'll get you the information on the guy I bought my little one from. He services Singers and his price is about 2/3 what the sewing machine stores charge.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

ChaChaneen August 6, 2010 at 6:18 AM  

Ha Ha Funny you should say that because I was thinking that we both have Singers now! ha ha I lurve your retro machine, it's gorgeous!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) August 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

awww...this made me get all teary eyed! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations!! Get busy, Girl!

steviewren August 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

What a sweet blessing! I know you'll have fun whipping up all kinds of things with it.

I wish you lived closer to me. I just went through all my old cloth and purged 5 bags full. You would be welcome to take any of it you wanted. I stacked all the cloth I'm keeping by color...so pretty.

I used to sew a lot when Rachel was small. I saved bits and pieces of material that I made her outfits from. I've always meant to make a quilt from it.

KARNA August 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

What a great gift! I know you will make good use of it and probably sew me something LOL ;)

Sweet Bee Cottage August 10, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

What a happy day. Now I think you have to name her (or him). Can't keep calling her "it." I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!

Angela McRae August 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

What a sweet story! I was blessed just reading it! (Happy sewing!)

Sandra August 14, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

I wonder how many things God is ready to give us, if we would just ask! I just got me a good used sewing machine too, so I know the joy you are feeling!