Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday musings for my Brother

~*~
This post is for my Brother who called me last night and said, "What's up with your blog?"  I replied, "The blog is good, it's just me who has been B-U-S-Y this week!"  
(started new small group at church with my Man, helping my Girl with her Rosa Parks report, helping my Boy get relief from his allergies, working on secret stuff for my Mother-in-Law's upcoming birthday party, getting ready for my Man's birthday party today, the list goes on....)
His loving response... "Well get on it Sis!"
I feel the lurve (snickering), really I do... my brother is a fan... 
my cheerleader... 
This post is for you... aka The Silver Fox! 

~*~
Today I'll be cleaning the house

Making my Man's requested birthday dinner, my famous Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Garlic Bread

Chocolate bundt cake with Peanut Butter Frosting

and my M-I-L is bringing salad!

By the way Bro, I know you like to watch movies like me, so I have one to recommend to you.

Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)

It is a documentary (I lurve those kind!) following specifically 3 group of kids from New York public schools who are required to take ballroom dance as part of their curriculum.  Their journey is told by the kids themselves and it's often extremely funny, very candid as they express the agony of having to touch each other, let alone look each other in the eye with their tango face. ha ha

They also share the difficulties in their lives and neighborhoods with street violence, absent parents, etc. that will make you cry.
Yet you can't help but get sucked into their journey, pretty soon the kids are hooked on the class and lurving all the different dances they learn.  Pretty soon you've got your favorite couples and your rooting them on as they do so well, they progress into a competition!  I won't share anymore spoil it for you but I highly recommend it for your next rental!  Go here to watch the trailer.  Enjoy!

Well I've got to get moving, I've got some baking to do!
I hope to visit my bloggy friends tomorrow, I miss visiting ya!
~*~

2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Kat Mortensen April 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Hey Janeen!

Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I'm sorry I haven't been around much - just putting the finishing touches to my book, but I'll be back on track soon.

Your man is one lucky guy to have you as his darling wife and what a feast is in store for him!

We own "Mad Hot Ballroom" on dvd and you're right, it is a great one!

Thanks again! You're just the sweetest!

Love, Kat

P.S. Your brother reminds me a bit of Anderson Cooper.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? April 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

(((Janeen)))! Wow! Three family birthday parties! I can just smell the baking and cooking! Mmmmm. Please wish everyone a happy birthday! And have a wonderful time! And don't forget to do something wonderful for yourself!
Although giving and receiving is creating magic!

And I've just placed Mad Hot Ballroom in my queue. Thank you for sharing, Janeen. A piece of cake too? ;)

XO