Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recap for week 2 of Breaking Free

~*~

Oh my tired eyes! Lack of sleep this week caused by a kitten who continually wakes up at o-dark-thirty (3:30 am) to play. This morning his toy of choice was a crinkly thing that made a lot of fun noise... if your a cat! So I've been compensating for it with coffee... wonderful coffee! My Man always brings me my first cup of coffee in the morning (aaaaah sweet, I know) and today when I was putting on my make-up, I was thinking there just isn't enough cream in a jar for my tired eyes.



So how are you doing after our 2nd week? Feel like the honeymoon is over already and the questions are getting tough and personal now? Did any of you come up with some Nancy Drew coded answers?

I was surprised when we started the homework that right away she dealt with our salvation. I don’t recall her doing that before in previous studies or if she has I don’t recall it being right at the get go. But as the days of homework went on, for me, I think I understood why she did deal with it and invited us to do that prayer. And I think it’s because accepting Jesus as our Savior is the key to our freedom. Obviously it’s more than that, it has eternal value but do you see how it can relate in other ways such as if you seek freedom from eating, you find yourself captive to your eating habits. Or if you seek freedom from other people… like your spouse, parents, friends, children, you find yourself captive to pleasing them. People, food, money, sex, alcohol, drugs, shopping – do NOT set you free, they keep you in a pit of captivity. But the Son – Jesus - sets us free! Does that make sense? Do you agree? Okay if we know that Jesus sets us free, what are we doing to spend more time in intimacy with God? Are we ready to be set free OR are we comfortable in our bondage because we’re afraid of what’s going to happen if we release it to him. Is he going to expose us? What’s it going to look like? He’s invisible but everybody can see us and our stuff, right? Ladies, God wants us to KNOW and Trust in him and that’s why we are here, to break free from our stuff, right? And whatever that stuff is, to be truly grateful that God has chosen to discipline us, rather than allow us to continue on a path He didn’t want us on to begin with. If you attend Cornerstone on a regular basis, you will know that Pastor Larry says a similar message…. God loves you just the way you are, but he loves you too much to let you stay that way. Amen! I want that!

Father, I’m asking that you make yourself fully available to all the women participating in this study. That each us know you and believe you with all our heart, mind, soul, body and strength. I ask that you would give us supernatural understanding when we read the scriptures of our homework, that each of us would experience a “light bulb” moment where you reveal something to us that we may have read 20 times before, but this week, it falls afresh on us with excitement because it has new meaning and understanding. Fill our hearts with your wisdom and your words. In Jesus name we pray. Amen!

~*~

3 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock February 5, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Haha...I use makeup and a pot of coffee for that awake look. hee!

Yes, you are asking some 'rubber meets the road' questions...but good ones. I'm enjoying your recaps!

steviewren February 5, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

Sounds like the study is in full swing now. I love light bulb moments when everything is revealed.

Try to get some rest!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? February 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

It's funny that you bring up coffee today, Janeen. I rarely drink coffee (tea is my preference), but I was tossing and turning last night and got very little sleep. At the hairdresser's had a cup of coffee. I've written an essay, taken care of my parents' dinner, am blogging...I have a feeling, I'm going to be up all night, such is my system not used to the caffeine! LOL

You'd never know that you'd need make-up, gorgeous! ;)

Hoping you're having a wonderful weekend! :))