Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Winter in June?

~*~

I lurve to watch Christmas movies throughout the year and the month of June is no exception!  Last year I rented and saw for the first time "Christmas in Connecticut" starring a young Barbara Stanwyck and fell in lurve with the story AND the house... lodge... whatever you call!  I rented it again and this time my attention was more at the details of the set, rather than the story.  

All that beautiful stone / brick on the house and the yard wall just sets the look!


Of course the inside isn't too shabby either with the vaulted ceilings and shelves everywhere!


I lurve the piano next to the slanted window!


Seriously this kitchen has my name written all over it!  All the windows and so spacious!


I am coveting all that storage space of drawers and cabinets!


I think this is called a dutch door?  
What ever it is, makes me want to put a pie on the ledge to cool!


And I lurve a happy ending!


Do you watch Christmas movies throughout the year?

~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Susan June 1, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

I have always wanted her mink coat!
great movie!

Angela McRae June 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Oh, I love these old photos! I would be watching that movie trying to identify all the antiques in the background!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? June 1, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Not only one of my favorite actresses of all time, but one of my favorite Christmas films! Yep, wholeheartedly agree, Janeen. I can watch a Christmas film any time of the year. A cup of tea with my favorite dessert and a great film is always a cure all for me! :))

Betsy Brock June 1, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

My triplets do...but just their favorite part..the beginning of A Christmas Carol. Too funny.

Winter is my favorite...