Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We interrupt this routine...

~*~
Routine Interrupted...


The weekend started off with a call from my sister... "What' cha doing today?"  
"Nothin'... and you?"  
"Nothin'... want to drive up to Mom & Dad's and visit them for the day?
"Sounds great, let's go!"


And a lovely visit it was, right up until it was almost.... time.... to..... go!

After dinner, my daughter asked me if we could play volleyball in the backyard, so off we went.  Not 3 minutes into our game, my girl goes down on the grass to hit the ball and lands on her knee.  The instant look on her face told me it was painful and it was going to be a L-O-N-G night. 

So off to the emergency room we went...


 to be THANKFULLY told she had no broken bones but would need to stabilize the leg into a splint for several days... thus no unnecessary walking until the swelling goes down.


So our routine has been interrupted as we try to finish out our last week of school.  My girl has had finals this week, so I took a crash course in Homeschooling and taken her to school a few times to take her final in a conference room since she can't get up the stairs to her classroom.  Her teacher has been amazing in her assistance and communication to help me here at home!  I give credit where it's due to all you Mother's out there who homeschool your children.  And guess what, I even liked it!! 


Well today was the funniest part of our week in that I HAD to go to the store... hadn't been in several days and we needed a few things but how to do it with my girl on crutches?  Hmmm, perhaps she can drive the electric cart around the store?  Surely she would LURVE it?  YES!!!  Okay, let me just say that I wish I had the store surveillance video to show you all how hilarious that was!  


Well we're off to the doctor again to hopefully get the splint taken off for good today!  Wish us luck!
~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren June 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Oh my goodness, I hope her leg is feeling better! Hope you guys got a good report from the doctor.

Betsy Brock June 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Oh dear! hope all is better today!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) June 9, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Poor girl! I could see you liking the homeschool thing!
Hope Chicklet is all better and has a great summer!
M

Anonymous June 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

nice post,.. like it

Susan June 11, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

I quickly discovered that I should have gone to nursing school as a part of being a MOM!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie June 11, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Thank God its not so bad,but the pain I'm sure was terrible.Bless her heart. And at least she did not miss her classses,thanks to a wonderful Mother and teachers.
You take care and I'll say a prayer that all goes well with your daughters leg,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Angela McRae June 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

I hope she is all better now!