Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis' the Season to make memories!

~*~

Making memories...

"Honey, have you seen the kitty?"
"No, why?"
"Hmm, can't find him anywhere."
After a quick search, we finally heard a little meow coming from the Christmas tree...

Samson was sleeping under the warm glow of the lights!




Then we went to church and watched my Girl sing in the children's choir...

Ahhhh ~ Angelic voices!


Great job honey! Now let's get you out of that pretty dress so you can help Mommy make some cookies!



Magic Bars!

Peanut Butter Kisses

We call these Russian Tea Horns but they are also known as Rugelach



Traditional rolled out Sugar Cookies with frosting!

Chocolate Almond Toffee

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal cookies



Snowballs also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes

My Quality Control Expert... who said the Snowballs passed inspection! ha ha


My Man came into the kitchen and said that I should start to wrap things up for the night because it was time to go out and remember the reason for the season.... by visiting a Live Nativity scene! I couldn't agree more!






Since we were already out for the night, we decided to start our neighborhood light looking tour and we weren't disappointed with our annual favorites plus we found a few new ones too! So many of the homes that were vacant from last years foreclosures are coming back with new owners who celebrate the birth of Christ!















I know there are other ladies out there baking up batch after batch of baked goodies, but I encourage you to take a LONG break to get outside and enjoy this season with your family & friends making memories!

~*~

13 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter December 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

I love the photos of the Christmas Lights! This is a special time of year to be with your kids. It looks like you all were having a great time!

Betsy Brock December 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Aw...kitty found a nice little nest!

I made snowballs today! yum!

Kat Mortensen December 22, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

Janeen, My best wishes to you and your family for a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Kat

50s Housewife December 23, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

The kitty looks so adorable! :) I am baking candy cane cookies today.

Rebecca December 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Oh,that sweet Kitty...and what a fun time you all had! I love looking at your family pictures.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Miss Jean December 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Blessings to you and your family. Have the most wonderful of holidays and a health and Happy New Year.

steviewren December 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

OMGoodness, your family must love it when you start baking. Yum!

After looking at your Christmas light pictures, your neighborhood gets my vote for most Christmas spirit...and lights!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream December 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

I pray you and your family have had a wonderful Christmas! We have had a great day. Your treats look so yummy!Your daughter looks so pretty in her purple dress. It's my favorite color, you know. We are so close to 2010.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? December 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Wholeheartedly agree, Janeen! It is the season to be with family and friends!

I knew you'd have something beautiful to see! Samson blends right in with the scenery! Love it!

And your daughter looks absolutely beautiful. Is purple her favorite color? It looks beautiful on her!

Glad to hear and see that homes in the neighborhood are thriving! No "Christmas with the Kranks" there! ;)

Thank you for your beautiful and heartfelt tour, Janeen! XO

Anonymous December 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

What a darling kitty picture! The Christmas lights photos are amazing. It looks like a
lot of people put in alot time to make them enjoyable for others to look at. I found your blog through Rebecca and will definetely be returning : )

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie December 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Oh my Dear,
Merry Christmas to you also.Your post is beyone magical. Your kitty under the tree is the cxutest ,not to mention your darling singing.Just to be there...The house lights are just amazing.So beautiful...Just like you.I want to wish you and your loved ones a Happy and safe New year.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Angela McRae December 28, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Oh my stars, if I had seen your absolutely PERFECT cookies I would have been too ashamed to show my own! Mercy! (Now I see what pretty cookies are SUPPOSED to look like, LOL!) And by the way, my new project for the year will be to read and review 52 old/out-of-print tea books!

Angela McRae December 28, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

P.S. Your kids are adorable in these photos! And I love your daughter's pretty dress!