Monday, December 7, 2009

Dusting of snow

~*~
We got a dusting of snow today, pretty rare in for us here in central California unless you live in the Lake Tahoe area! It's so pretty!
It reminded me of the snow scene in my 2nd favorite movie of all time...
Doctor Zhivago!

The set designers created the snow effect with wax! Amazing huh!

~*~

9 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie December 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Oh My...thats really kool.I love this scenery.
Thanks for stopping by hon and leaving such sweet comments.
You are such a doll.I wish you the merriest of Christmases and A glorious holiday.May god bledd you ...XXOO Marie Antionette

alittlebitofscrap December 7, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Oh, I love that one too! Snow makes everything so pretty :)

Betsy Brock December 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

We got a dusting, too!...not so rare for us, though. It's beautiful! Love these pics!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? December 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

A dusting of snow will offer the most beautiful images, Janeen! :))

Adore Dr. Zhivago! I can watch it over and over! It's one of my faves as well! I didn't know that about the snow made out of wax! Fascinating how stellar set designers are! Can you imagine any these films without the right settings?!

Can just picture you and your kids playing in the snow, Janeen! It's hard to believe we're close to ringing in 2010, the end of the first decade of the 21st century! Ugh! Let's give Father Time a sleeping pill! ;))

Have a wonderful day, Janeen! :))

KARNA December 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

dont you just wish it was a bit more like zhivago's...but not quite!! LOL
oh off k quilters blog i have this to say:
where does that word 'lurve' come from? Sherry Brodie Chavez used it today in FB regarding Michael Bulbe (or whatever that singers name is) lol
i LOVE you both! I was named karen because it was one of the 10 most popular names...nothing great. lol want to laugh? I named Jeff Jeff cuz i had NEVER dated anyone named Jeff. HAAHAHAH It was not easy to find a name that I had not dated... Kym was named and spelled that way because first she was Jennifer for 8 months ..then we saw the sound of music and that cutest little girl ... her real name was Kymberly and I said...OH i like that. Kym hated me til she was almost 30 on that spelling..people pronounced it kime...and then instead of cadle they said caddle kime caddle...HAHAAHAH

Cassandra Frear December 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

I never knew they did it with wax. FASCINATING. It looks so real.

Rebecca December 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

Oh, what a movie!...I really need to watch this again, ASAP..

We got sleet and rain...ick...I want real snow! -Thick, beautiful, lush, fluffy snow:)...

Nana Trish is Living the Dream December 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

I also loved Dr. Zhivago. To me it's a movie that is so engaging in so many levels. I must also watch it again. I believe we will get snow this year. So pretty to watch from a nice warm house.

Vic December 12, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

This is one of my favorite movie sets of all time. Thanks for sharing the secret ingredient!