Monday, September 22, 2008

Indian Summer Picnic!

~

Muse-Swing is hosting our Indian Summer Picnic today, so pop over and you'll see everyone who is participating in todays festivities! ENJOY!

What is Indian Summer anyway?
~ according to Wikipedia:
… a name given to a period of sunny, warm weather in autumn, not long before winter. This time can be in late October or early November (Northern hemisphere)/late April or early May (Southern hemisphere), usually sometime after the first frost. It can persist for just a few days or weeks.

To me... it's beautiful!

It's also a bit nippy outside, so here is a beautiful quilt to cozy in!

A little fragrance to set the mood!

And of course a little something to nibble on..

Indian Summer Salad

INGREDIENTS
3 carrots
a small bunch of radishes
2 Squash (slender in size)
half a small red onion
small handful mint leaves, roughly torn

FOR THE DRESSING
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp olive oil

Have a great day everyone!

~*~

18 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings September 22, 2008 at 4:38 AM  

Hellooooo I'm heeerrreee! This salad is delicious! It looks like an Indian Summer. I'll just sit here on this beautiful quilt under the trees for a while and enjoy salad and sunshine. Lovely! I'ts so lovely and peaceful here I could just .....zzzzzz

Marie Reed September 22, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

That quilt is quite the mqsterpiece! Let's sit down and chat a bit!

dianasfaria.com September 22, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

Happy Autumn! What a great salad, I can't wait to try it. The dressing sounds perfect.

Shelley September 22, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

The quilt is beautiful and the salad is tasty!

Lavinia September 22, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

This Indian Summer salad is perfect! ANd how thoughtful to remember the scent. Your blanket is much more attractive than mine...how classy you look sitting upon it. What a fabulous picnic...

It wouldn't be the same without you Janeen!!

MuseSwings September 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

I stopped by for another bite of salad! It's a fun day, visiting everyone and - of course - the eating part.

marianne September 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

Wow lovely salad and the quilt is almost too beautiful to sit on!
The pictures are lovely!
Nice to meet you!
Greetings Marianne

Margaret Ann September 22, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

A deliciious salad...I am so glad you brought the quilt...it's gorgeous...Stop by my picnic too if you are interested in chatting a bit or maybe even doing some sketching...It's a beautiful day here in the desert! :)

Sparky September 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Gosh, I wish we needed a quilt. I look forward to that kind of weather. A/C set on chill is more like it here. [grin] Please send cool temps our way?
Nice blog. I enjoyed the photos.
Happy Fall Y'all!!
Sparky

Kelli September 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Oh your quilt is so lovely, may I sit on the corner here? Mmm Indian Summer Salad how perfect! I'm glad to know at last what an Indian Summer actually is! Yes, we have this period in the southern hemisphere too! Usually in April/May - the weather is delightful!

steviewren September 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Mmmmm, this salad is delish! And I do need to finish the day with salad since I've over indulged all day. That Muse Swings tempted me terribly with her Pecan Pie. It's beautiful here by the lake...you know I'm just across the lake from you. Some of us are going to have a bonfire there tonight. Throw on your sweater and mittens and join us. We are going to sing some old camp songs and have hot chocolate! Bring your quilt!

nanatrish September 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

I love the quilt and girl, that salad looks fabulous. Isn't this picnic just the most fun? Cynthia is so sweet to invite us to such a wonderful event!

Margaret Ann September 22, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

OOOH1 A bonfire...glorious...Your watercolor painting turned out just wonderfully...I think you should have it made into notecards!...Is it true that Museswings is having a sleep-over after your bonfire?? LOL :)

Lavinia September 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

Bonfire? Did someone say bonfire? I'm all set...with my handy dandy personal fire extinguisher at the ready if things get out of hand (I mean even more than they already are...I mean really, the gunpowder explosion, the fireworks....surely the Fire Marshall is spitting nails by now? HA HA HA HA....LOL....

Debra Kay September 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Ooooh, tasty! I will have a bit, thank you. What a lovely day this has been.

marianne September 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Thanks for coming back and inviting me for the bonfire. I was sleeping allready.......but it was worth while you woke me up. The perfect end of the picmic I nearly missed

soulbrush September 23, 2008 at 1:08 AM  

that bonfire was so cosy, specially wrapped in your cosy quilt, great success.

MuseSwings September 23, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

I just stopped by to return your quilt and your salad bowl. Yummy! Thank you for the suggestion about my temp files. It worked! When I pulled up comments last night there were comments overlaying comments - sometimes 3 deep in the screen and the computer froze. This laptop is getting up in years -might be time for an upgrade.