Saturday, April 19, 2008

How quickly the days go...


Is it just me or is everyone else feeling the pinch of the economy? I'm thankful that food warehouses are not far away for my grocery shopping because it definitely saves to shop there! But a week ago my husband went fishing with friends from work and they returned with this! All the guys shared the beast and it was the best treat we've had in weeks!


When your saving pennies, what do you do for fun? Take out all the inflatable toys from storage and turn on the sprinkler!


Then you get left over birthday plates and even a cheese quesadilla and apples slices taste better!



Jump rope at sunset!





Kiss at sunset!
Trim the roses...

I've been working ALOT and in the evenings, we're doing homework and baths. My husband and I keep telling ourselves that we have only a few weeks left before summer vacation! Yahoo! But, there's been other stuff too! I caught up on my emails and blog reading. It's always fun to see what everyone has been up to and get ideas for my journal and scrapbook pages. I am SO BEHIND in my scrapbooks but I print out ideas and file them away so years from now, when my time is my own again, I'll put them out and the ideas will be fresh and new again.



Today we are going to my Mother-in-Law's to celebrate combo birthdays in the family and I'm bringing dessert and bread. The most requested and best recipe I have from the box... Creme Brulee! Remember YEARS ago when dairy and poultry farmers of America were putting ads on TV to eat eggs again? That's when infomercials were new on TV. I was watching one that the Egg Council of something-or-another created and they had a chef on it that made this recipe. At that time, I had Creme Brulee a few times in restaurants but it was always the most expensive dessert on the menu. I soon found out why... all that cream, eggs and vanilla beans! It's worth every penny... when you make it at home! You get more than one serving and I don't strain the vanilla beans because I love to see those tiny beads settled at the bottom of the dish just waiting to be eaten last!


And finally, before I go... I got an email of THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN!! The Lord’s Prayer, sung by this adorable 2-year old! Here it is found in Matthew 6:9-13: Enjoy!



1 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Miss Jean April 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

My philosopy: When life gives you lemons (such as a lousy economy) don't just make lemonade, make awesome lemonade. That's just what you did!!!