Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Favorite Christmas Movies

My personal favorite - watch it ALL the time starting on my birthday!



White Christmas (1954) - Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen - wow that woman can dance! This is Christmas classic. I love all the ad-libbing that Bing does to his lines and the dancing is simply the best! The music, the singing - I wish this era of talent would return!



It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - Tops on any list. Started watching it a couple of years ago and it just keeps getting better.








Miracle on 34th Street (the re-colorized version) - Definitive proof that Santa really does exist.






A Christmas Story (1983) - I double dog dare you not to like this one.








A Charlie Brown Christmas (made-for-TV movie) - But again it is a classic, to ignore it would be just so unfair. Generations of kids have grown up on it.








The Bishop's Wife (1947) - Best line in the movie... "The only people who grow old were born old to begin with". I just love the acting in this movie!






Holiday Inn (1942) - Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire bring this oldie-but-goodie to life. Bing Crosby does Christmas so well!





Swiss Family Robinson (1960) - Another one that's not really a Christmas movie but the big holiday plays an important role in keeping the stranded family together.

1 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Unknown December 3, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

I love "It's a Wonderful Life". My favorite line is Jimmy Stewart: "Why did we have to have all these kids anyway?"! Would you believe I've never seen "Miracle on 34th St"? I have set a goal to see it this year.