Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Questionnaire

~*~


Christmas Questionnaire:

1. Fresh Tree/Fake Tree?  Fake Tree (safe and less maintenance)

2. Favorite Ornament-  Mine change through the years but my children's favorite for me is a HUGE bling of a diamond ring my friend Suzanne gave me!  Every year the kids see it and do this funny ceremony to make sure that I put that one on the tree.

3. Favorite Christmas Song- Hands down... All I Want For Christmas is You, by Mariah Carey.

4. Favorite Tradition- My own traditions! Now don't get me wrong... but when some traditions become obligations, they aren't traditions anymore. No fun, no fun at all. I was happier than a bee in a hive when I turned 18, moved out on my own and financially supported myself to say... No Thank You; Nope - don't want to; it will start when I get there and end when I leave (that's why I don't wear a watch).

5. Favorite Gift Ever Received- The gift I remember being most excited about was a children's set of metal kitchen appliances - a stove and refrigerator filled with accessories!  Yep, my lurve of cooking began early.

6. Favorite Christmas Meal- The typical meal. Turkey/Ham, Stuffing/Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Cranberry Chutney, Sweet Potatoes and JELLO SALAD - you know the one with the walnuts and cranberries and whipped cream in it. Then wait a few hours and do it all over again.

7. Favorite Christmas Cookie- Snowballs... but all that powdered sugar is such a giveaway, exposing your multiple trips to the cookie jar.  Powdered sugar on your lips, your shirt, your hair.... lol

8. Favorite Place to be during Christmas- With my family, extended family, friends.

9. Favorite Memory- First Christmas spent with my precious baby girl because it wasn't about me anymore.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie- White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kay, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen.
~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Ruby Claire December 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparky December 26, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

What a lovely Christmas tree. Ours is artificial too.

Hope y'all have a very happy & safe holiday season Cha Cha. :)

steviewren December 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

I liked reading all of your answers to the questionnaire. For years and years all we had were real trees. A couple of years after my divorce I finally decided that I just couldn't do the whole real tree thing anymore and bought an artificial one. My kids were mad about that for the next couple of years. They all have real trees in their own homes now. My favorite Christmas food is finger food, cheese balls, dips and veggies, stuff like that. I like a big piece of homemade gingerbread too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

mar January 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM  

helloooooooooooo i´m from spain my name is mar and i like your blog very much :)

Sparky March 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Where 'da ya go Cha Cha? Hope y'all are OK?! Miss your fun and interesting posts!
Luv from Gawga ~:)

Betsy Brock June 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

Hey..hey! You aren't still baking Christmas cookies, are you? :) Just popped in to say hello and see what you've been up to!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) December 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM  

Where have you been? I hope all is OK...Merry Christmas!