Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My new favorite

~*~

I have a new favorite.
Breakfast favorite. Lunch favorite. Dinner favorite.


I lurve grits!  
Make grits the day before in a casserole pan and refrigerate overnight, then using a biscuit cutter for the round shape, grill it up with ham, poach some eggs and top with gravy.
Mmmm, my new favorite!

~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren February 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

I didn't know anyone from the South had ever even eaten grits. They are good cooked in the microwave with butter, cheese and sausage added too.

ChaChaneen February 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

Thus California girl lurves them! 

Linda February 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

Go figure, someone from CA :). I always thought you were from around here. (AL or GA)--anyways..try them baked with cheese and sausage, like Stevie saids. EMMM...(btw, waving to you, been a very long time since I have been online..I am backkkkkkkkkkk now. evil laugh (not really, lol))

jax February 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

Are the ones in your pictures topped with sour cream? Or are those the poached eggs?

ChaChaneen February 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Poached Eggs!

Ann February 25, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

You get grits all over the south with breakfast instead of hashbrowns. My GA stepmother makes them with cheese--in the pot right after they set up, just sir in grated cheese, swish it around until it melts and go for it. My dad loved them!!