Monday, July 26, 2010

A Day At The Sea!

~*~
A Day At The Sea!
Well not really the sea but that's what the kids call our nearest ocean so we go with it!



The Silver Fox (aka my Brother) asked if we would like to join him and my nephew for a day at the beach and since I'm always looking for an excuse to get out of housework, we HAD to go!  It was a windy day but still very warm despite the clouds that would come and go throughout the day.


Yea ~ so happy to be at the beach!

The kids counting the waves to determine the pattern of the incoming tides.


How's the water Son?
It's G-R-E-A-T!




Don't let him fool ya, the water was COLD!


Back to the beach to play some games!


Here's my boy showing me his pose for throwing a pass...


Here is his Uncle showing him how it's really done!


 
This would actually be a picture of two gray fox's if I hadn't colored my hair the day before! ha ha


It's been a fun day but now we're getting hungry for some sea-side grub, so we headed down to the pier to enjoy outdoor dining at Wipe Out!


While we waited for our table to be ready, we sat near the fire that kept us warm
and that was a good thing because when the fog rolls in, it gets chilly!


 
My brother generously treated my family to a delicious dinner and our meals were loaded with french fries ~ oh honey!  Let's see, we've got some clam chowder, fish and chips, fried calamari, mango citrus ribs, fish tacos and out of camera range was the shrimp!


This was fun!  If you want your food to go, just order it here!


Before we left, we walked the pier and stopped at the cookie shop to get fresh, warm from the oven milk chocolate chip cookies!  Here my Boy asks if he can have one of his Uncle's cookies...


He replies "Sure" but instead it began a game of "catch the cookie if you can"...


And to his Uncle's surprise, he QUICKLY caught the cookie! ha ha


Our parting shot before we left the pier!  Such a fun day making memories, thanks for asking us to join you my sweet Brother!


~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Miss Jean July 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

I love going to the coast when the valley heat gets to be too much! It looks like you had a great time.

Ooh, oooooh, it would be soooooooo great for you to come to our party!!!!! This is exactly why we're having it! Meeting our bloggy buddies.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) July 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

I wish we had this kind of set up near our home! What a grand day...and that you got to spend it with family, makes it even better.
Great post, great pics!

The Silver Fox July 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

So, there are at least two of us "Silver Foxes" around, eh? Oh, well, Charlie Rich had us both beat!

R. Quilter July 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

looks like you had a great time. I love the photos!

The Throw-Away Bride August 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Seeing a picture of your brother made me smile. So many memories! You look just like your mom and he looks just lime your dad!

Shari