Sunday, August 11, 2013

Where does the time go?

~*~
 
Where does the time go?

I haven't been blogging much this summer (I know it's really even more than that) but I've got good reasons... more time spent with family.   Back in February I got all my cross stitch and needlepoint crafts out of storage and have been busy making lovely things.  I have also been happily pinning (Pinterest) a lot of patterns for crochet as that will be my Fall season craft... my eyes can only take so many hours with the needlepoint these days.  But I've caught up on many of my favorite movies while I sew.  I've decided to crochet a blanket as my beloved burgundy chenille is looking it's age (over 10 years old now) and it's time to replace it.  I already decided I will stay with one color and keep the pattern fairly simple, I just know I don't want it to look like a pot holder!  ha ha


 
Summer is over for the kids this week and back to school is in full swing!
I've done my checklist ... Hair cuts, lots of new clothes, several uniforms, 4 pairs of shoes, a few school supplies, registration fees (remember when public school was FREE?) etc.  Thank God for over time pay because without it, my wallet would be hurting from the extra expenses this time of year.  Lord -  You are faithful!   
 
 
 
I've got a serious lurve right now for brie cheese with pesto on crackers, bread, etc.  It's become my several days a week snack with a chilled glass of chardonnay... sometimes I throw in a few sun dried tomatoes - delicious!  Sometimes even replaces dinner...Yum!
 
 
I like many styles of architectures and decorating... I like Country (think distressed wood, antiques, lots of candles for lighting, softer colors and tones), I like Traditional (think rich colors, plush fabrics, dark wood and crown molding), of course Victorian (my favorite) and this year I've also decided I like Shabby Chic however, I'm particular about MY version of chic.  It's definitely a girlie type of décor so it's not easy to have a doll house when you live when men but I'll be happy to start with a corner of my bedroom and then expand from there.  I'd really like a ROOM to myself.... call it MY Cave, like Men have their Caves with pool tables, theatre sound system TV room, etc.
And I definitely want a chandelier in my room! 
 
 
~*~
 
 
 

3 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie August 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM  

Summer has flown by somehow! I can't believe it's the middle of August already. Our days of all the school supplies and fees are over thank goodness. (yes, what DID happen to free public school?)
There can be nothing in a room and if it has a chandy it's perfection!!
I have a small bedroom that is my studio and it doesn't have electric run to the ceiling so I looked in my stash of "stuff" and found a lampshade frame that had some style to it, and had hubby hang it from the ceiling of my studio using chain I had. I hang all the sweet little things that blogger friends send me on it. Everytime I walk in there it makes me so happy!!

Blessings, Edie Marie

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie August 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

I'm going to add my 2cents in with Edie Marie's and say...WOW !! the summer did fly by to fast. But its back to doing crafts again and getting back in touch wit blogging friends. Sherry(Edie Marie) and I have been very busy, trying to get things caught up on this blog. Now that we are sharing it. It does make life easier.
XXOO Marie Antoinette

UFA747 July 19, 2020 at 7:36 AM  

The information you provided is very interesting. Thank you for the hardships.. บาคาร่า