Monday, February 18, 2013

Popular again...

~*~
 
 
I have long appreciated Cross Stitching, being a sewer of the same myself and it warmed my heart to read this morning that it is making a come back with girls in the UK, growing in popularity.  Young ladies gathering together to visit, potluck and sew!  And it's one I can't wait to see take off here in the US as I think too much time is spent in electronic friendships via social media.
 
If you've ever done cross stitch you KNOW the L-O-N-G hours that are put into such a small space on fabric that it's almost not worth taking up for those who lack patience or want quick results from a craft like painting, crocheting or knitting will give you.  And of course I have always gravitated to the more complex patterns but they've always been worth the results... like this below.
 
 
 
 
Hope your enjoying your Holiday weekend....
 
 
 
~*~


2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky February 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM  

I used to really enjoy working in counted cross-stitch. My home has several of my creations in it. I need to get back to it. Hope y'all are having a great weekend too! ~:)

Miss Jean February 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM  

I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch. There are a few patterns that I wouldn't mind doing now.

Have a great weekend!!!