Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cozy up to a holiday drink

~*~

Some people see the glass half empty,
while others see the glass half full.
When I see it, my reply is ...  it needs a refill! 
(smile)



My new holiday favorite is a Tom and Jerry.
If you like sweet drinks, you'll probably enjoy this.
A Tom & Jerry is a WARM holiday drink made from eggs, sugar, rum, brandy and milk.

You can buy pre-made batters but why spend the money when you probably already have the ingredients at home.  I like this one (adjust the total serving size for a smaller batch) and when the holidays are over I like to eat the batter with a spoon out of the freezer as a treat!  Yum!

~*~


2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Miss Jean November 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

I love Tom and Jerry's! I just buy the batter in a jar and add it to milk and I'm good to go. No rum for me - I'm a wimp when it comes to drinking. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have one this evening while I curl up with the book I'm reading.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) November 21, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Well...I can't think of any batter that I can drink. When I think of batter, I think of cake and licking the bowl. Yummy! raw eggs and all!

OK, that's gross when I really think about it.