Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday Clues

~*~

Birthday Clues!

My boy had a special request for his birthday this year in that he'd like to have a challenge, a kind of hunt for clues to find his card, gift, etc.  I LOVED scavenger hunts as a kid, heck I still enjoy them as an adult!  Ours went something like this...

I gave him his first clue to begin which was,
"Don't get all mixed up"
(answer...my Kitchen Aid in the kitchen)

He surprised me in quickly moving through the first three that I told him to slow down so I could take some memories!  ha ha



"Sitting down during the hunt won't help you"



"In Britain, it's the Telly"



"Opposites attract"



"Dad operates this machinery"



"Here sits the classics... Jane Austen, Charles Dickens"


There he found his card...






His gift was something he told us about when he was in 3rd grade.  His teacher had a smaller version of 'Electronic Snap Circuits' that was available to the kids when they earned "free time".  He talked about it constantly!  


This set came with 4 manuals enabling you to make 750 projects, all of which are color coded and very easy to follow.  Even I did a few!  You can build FM/AM radios, digital voice recorders, alarms, flying discs, even games!  It doesn't require any tools, just batteries.  I got smart though and quickly bought the $15 A/C adapter to plug it into the wall - much cheaper than replacing costly batteries.





When asked what he wanted for his birthday cake, he surprised me by requesting my Chocolate Chip Cookies instead.  I replied, "Really, no cake?"  He said, "Why would I have cake when I could have your cookies instead?"  Aaaaaaaaaah, my heart melted!


At the end of the night, I found our kitty totally sacked out asleep from all the excitement of the evening.  ha ha


~*~

3 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter September 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

It looks like your son had a very good birthday.

Linda September 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Happy Birthday!! I so love the smile on his face! Blessings

steviewren September 11, 2011 at 6:47 AM  

It sounds like the kind of birthday that a child never forgets!